will going YOUTH PARLIAMENT be a bad idea??? (1 Viewer)

yennie B

HSC
youth parliament is a 5 day camp near our trials.

and also an extra three days at the end of this term .

basically its developing a bill for youth of nsw to state parliament and do the whole politics thing.

AN ADVANTAGE IS GOOD FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ......

dDISADVANTAGE IS I HAVE ONE LESS WEEK TO STUDY.

TECHNICALLY THE WHOLE THING RUNS FOR THREE MONTHS...

but its WORTH IT. WOULD YOU GUYS GO???????

HELP ME OUT.

yennie B

HSC
i see there are view but c'mon share your VIEW ON THIS MATTER.

i'm desperate!

Zephyrio

HSC
I'd go. It'd force me to study earlier.

How do you apply for this, or is it already too late?

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Sam did this, aka bringbackshred (+ other trolls of his that I can't remember) and he loved it!!

I'd do it, if it were me.:D

jackattack

HSC
N/A
if the experience is going to be beneficial for you, go for it.

no harm in applying anyway, you might not even get in.

calslut

Banned
HSC
these things are the biggest crock of shit, the only people that go to them are generally sheltered kids who have aboslutely no idea what the majority of people want, and end up coming up with something completely ridiculous that no one wants at ALL.

prime example, my joke of a town has a "youth council" the two leaders or whatever are the biggest losers you'll ever meet, what did they think the youth wanted? fucking $3 taxi vouchers only valid from 9am - 5pm. yeah, we totally want daytime taxi vouchers. i am pretty sure they also proposed a fucking warhammer room, point proven, pathetic people who aren't in touch with anyone in their school at all because no one talks to them.

the whole youth council/parliament idea is a joke.

yennie B

HSC
I GOT IN DUHHHHHHH. lol THING IS RENTS DONT' WANT IT INTERFERING WITH MY STUDIES.

:)

yennie B

HSC
calslut said:
these things are the biggest crock of shit, the only people that go to them are generally sheltered kids who have aboslutely no idea what the majority of people want, and end up coming up with something completely ridiculous that no one wants at ALL.

prime example, my joke of a town has a "youth council" the two leaders or whatever are the biggest losers you'll ever meet, what did they think the youth wanted? fucking $3 taxi vouchers only valid from 9am - 5pm. yeah, we totally want daytime taxi vouchers. i am pretty sure they also proposed a fucking warhammer room, point proven, pathetic people who aren't in touch with anyone in their school at all because no one talks to them.

LOL. well i feel sorry for your youth. but this youth is for the state. and they've chosen a number realistic to the cross section of our state.

so dont underestimate anything yet buddy.

calslut

Banned
HSC
just don't go but say you did then lol, and it has nothing to do with the number selected but the people selected... the people that tend to go to these things are those who have nothing else to do, and typically this is people who have no life - so they have no idea. no offence but it's the truth

Last edited:

yennie B

HSC
yeh your right in that aspect. but i hope they haven't chosen the snobby elititist.

lol. 2002 youth parliament group propsed a bill for sex to be legal for 18 year old.

that influenced alot of court cases. and had a huge effect.

*shrugs* you're generalising too much. i dont think setting up a parliament youth was for the sake of looking impressive.

calslut

Banned
HSC
lol see, that is a perfect example. they wanted to change the age of consent from 16 to 18? yeah, a majority of youth really want that!

jackattack

HSC
N/A
yennie B said:
yeh your right in that aspect. but i hope they haven't chosen the snobby elititist.

lol. 2002 youth parliament group propsed a bill for sex to be legal for 18 year old.

that influenced alot of court cases. and had a huge effect.

*shrugs* you're generalising too much. i dont think setting up a parliament youth was for the sake of looking impressive.
um? sex IS legal for eighteen year olds?

unless you're referring to raising the age of consent, but WHY would a youth group lobby for that? something's not adding up...

i'm also kind of curious exactly how this proposed bill "influenced alot of court cases". care to elaborate on that? kthx.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
calslut said:

truth :D

yennie B

HSC
well it set the bar for those paedophile cases...

mmm a harsher punishment to those who rape ppl under the age of 16 -
- rape itself would be an offence obviously
- then there's the under age and consent bit

something like that?? thats how i see it.

sorry i think it was 16? or 18? i can't remember.

pt is they legalised it.

yennie B

HSC
since you guys think that this parliament thing is 'pathetic' then

WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST WE SHOULD TAKE BOUT IF I WAS TO GO?

be happy to pass it on :)

calslut

Banned
HSC
lessen the fines for drinking on the street at schoolies. that pretty much covers it.

yennie B

HSC
LOL.

sif brah.

are fines heavier?
and you dont live your whole life in schoolies so it wouldn't concern you after you go there.

anything else ?

calslut

Banned
HSC
yeah but it will concern me as a youth, you don't spend your entire time as a youth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)