wind in the willows help! (1 Viewer)

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
Can anybody help me with the Wind In the Willows extract? I'm doing physical journeys and my assigned text is AWAY. Personally i thought it was a weak text for physical journeys but thats just probably me (dumb kid). So yeh anything at all?

Pixydust*

Ideas on Wind in The Willows

Oh!!! I'm doing Wind In the Willows for physical journeys too!!! :) here are some of my ideas
- it represents mans life long fascination with the way of life with which we are unacquainted ( Toad's exclaimation 'travel, change interest' etc)
- The positivism and belief people have towards the unknown as a means my which they can find what they are looking for. Toad is bored with the life of her and his friends and he believes that a journey, which will take him beyond the world her knows, will fulfill his desires. Its a quality in people that when their is no absolute knowledge, our faith is positive and therefore defies reason. Toad could have easily thought there was nothing he or his friends could do about their situation, and though that the unknown was bound to hold trouble
- our nature defines our attitude towards journeys - Toad is an optimist and he believes the journey he is planning can offer him the amusement he seeks. Rat on the other hand, is unreceptive of the idea of travel because it means he is away from everything he knows and is familiair with - and thats daunting and frightening to people who are insecure or take comfort in being where they belong and with what they know.

btw my text is Huckleberry Finn. I hope i helped a little :)

Roxanne.

HSC
I only just found this website..omfg
and mine is due tomorrow morning at 9:47.
dammmitttttt:burn:
oh well.

nataliesoutter

HSC
hey im new at this so i have no idea wot to do..
i need help badly on wind in the willows im doin a speech on it.. i don't understnad anything.. im doing imaginative journeys so if anyone can help that would be awesome!

chigganick

HSC
Hey yeah i need help with any of the text from the BOS Stimulus booklet on imaginative journeys. They are really difficult and we really havent dicussed them in class which is stupid.... So if anyone can help with any text from the BOS booklet for imaginative journeys that would be a great help thanks

borkoborko

HSC
Same here! I just signed up...
Anyone have any information related to imaginitve journeys for wind in the willows? Thanks!

elle148

HSC
Here's a bit of my essay... i put the techniques down so if you want you could try to use them and extend on them

explores the concept of journeys by the contrasting attitudes towards journeys, the methods of transportation, and the companionship and preparation involved.
The composer presents these ideas using a variety of techniques including; allegory, anthropomorphism, detailed characterisation, cumulation, humour, symbolism, third-person narration, contrast, dialogue and descriptive language.

ElizaKovats123

HSC
does anyone have a rough outline for the wind and the willows? i need help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im doing physical journeys.

marella

HSC
ElizaKovats123 said:
does anyone have a rough outline for the wind and the willows? i need help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im doing physical journeys.
im doing physical journeys to, im doing the peter skrzynecki poems, the wind in the willlows and havent quite decided on the text of my own choosng yet, i think im using the novel 'chasing charlie duskin' which can also realte to the mental journies or whatever they are.

asp17

HSC
hi everyone. just look at the content and context of the exerpt and relate back to your journey and support this with the techs used

Jessilovesmicky

HSC
Same im doing Away and wind in the willows aswell there are some good pointers so thanx everyone

abscenceosanity

HSC
Im focusing on imaginative journeys for the HSC, but we keep getting told to try and tie it in with physical and inner too. "Any journey contains the three elements: physical, inner, imaginative." (Weve heard that sooo many times.)

Anyway its actually useful, no matter what kind of journey you're focusing on, to tie it in with the other two. Wind in the Willows is Toad imagining a physical journey, while you can follow Ratty's inner journey as he tries to tell Toad "No! I dont want to go!"

Look at the personification and stereotyping of the three animals.
He uses lists and exclamatory diction. The line about heath and common and rolling downs is good to remember.
Mole has no lines of dialogue in this extract, so its up to the responder to imagine his response, and thus his reaction to the proposed journey. Makes it easy to emphathise with him.
Colour imagery is used, theyre all bright too, symbols of happiness and excitement and whatnot.
The reactions are polar opposites: Toads enthusiasm and Rattys disthusiasm (i cant think of the right word). So, everyone reacts differently to the prospect of a journey.
Its not the destination thats important, but the journey itself, as is evident in the fact that Toad doesnt bother to mention a destination, but just describes the journey itself.

Good luck.

~Haylz~

HSC
abscenceosanity said:
Im focusing on imaginative journeys for the HSC, but we keep getting told to try and tie it in with physical and inner too. "Any journey contains the three elements: physical, inner, imaginative." (Weve heard that sooo many times.)

Anyway its actually useful, no matter what kind of journey you're focusing on, to tie it in with the other two. Wind in the Willows is Toad imagining a physical journey, while you can follow Ratty's inner journey as he tries to tell Toad "No! I dont want to go!"

Look at the personification and stereotyping of the three animals.
He uses lists and exclamatory diction. The line about heath and common and rolling downs is good to remember.
Mole has no lines of dialogue in this extract, so its up to the responder to imagine his response, and thus his reaction to the proposed journey. Makes it easy to emphathise with him.
Colour imagery is used, theyre all bright too, symbols of happiness and excitement and whatnot.
The reactions are polar opposites: Toads enthusiasm and Rattys disthusiasm (i cant think of the right word). So, everyone reacts differently to the prospect of a journey.
Its not the destination thats important, but the journey itself, as is evident in the fact that Toad doesnt bother to mention a destination, but just describes the journey itself.

Good luck.
Hi, abscenceosanity

I was just wondering which extract you are relating to in Wind In The Willows.

Thanks

phoebe.

HSC
~Haylz~ said:
Hi, abscenceosanity

I was just wondering which extract you are relating to in Wind In The Willows.

Thanks
it's the exract beginning with:
"he led the way to the stable-yard accordingly, the Rat following with a most mistrustful expression"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)