Wind in the willows (1 Viewer)

freemano

Does anyone have any relevant info on the wind in the willows in regards to physical jorney??
i need all the help i can get as we have not properly analysed the text in class and the assessment is due soon..

cheers

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we did wind in the willows as an imaginative journey...the extract is very small and u might wanna watch the animated movie just to flesh it out abit (but NEVER refer to it of course!) if ur gonna use THAT text in the HSC....thats all i can say though, cos ill start rambling about imaginative journeys :)

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
We did Wind in the Willows as a physical journey, though in the process looked at imaginative and inner also. It all depends on which aspect of journey u wish to concentrate on!! Though mainy u should be concerned with the social and historical context before analysing it in terms of journey.

freemano

thanx for all ur replies guys... however i was after information on wind in the willows in regard to physical journey... however.. in our class with the physical journey we also identify traits of the imaginary and inner journey.. so in regards to that any info would be beneficial.. thnks for ur help..

cheers

3BCS

Wind in the Willows invloves ANTHROPOMORPHISM this is animals having human characteristics... you could talk about this! The way that they talk and have a carvan and are about to go on a journey. All the animals have different attidtudes as well!
Thats just one idea to talk about!
We have only just started this so i might be able to get more information to you soon!

Dee Dee

nak_yim
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
we did wind in the willows as an imaginative journey...the extract is very small and u might wanna watch the animated movie just to flesh it out abit (but NEVER refer to it of course!) if ur gonna use THAT text in the HSC....thats all i can say though, cos ill start rambling about imaginative journeys :)
hey how did you say it related to imaginative journey..it's so hard to link texts in the stimulus booklet to imaginative journey lol..as well to coleridge

Binky

talk about the contrast in personality between Toad and Rat, Toad is a type A personality whereas Rat is type B, Mole is indecisive and doesn't like contfrontations.
Rat is really stubborn and refuses to undertake a journey.
anthropomorphism is important in this but it really doesn't say that much about journeys.

Nara

HSC
we did wind in the williows for imaginative. you could say that Rat is a represention of a conservative person,and in some ways contemptous. Toad is a caricature of a character who is larger than life. dont know if that has helped!

clerisy

HSC
Originally posted by Nara
we did wind in the williows for imaginative. you could say that Rat is a represention of a conservative person,and in some ways contemptous. Toad is a caricature of a character who is larger than life. dont know if that has helped!

I did it for imaginative too, so have nothing to say about physical journeys. But I took a similar approach to it as Nara. I also looked a bit at how Kenneth Grahame has translated a lot of the attitudes of the aristocratic classes in the real world a little ironically into the imaginative world of the animals... to be honest, though, I don't think you can actually get much of that out of the piddly badly selected extract. Which is why I have not and will not do it in exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)