Window by Jeannie Baker (1 Viewer)

lastchance

HSC
Window by Jeannie Baker .. help!!!!

hi!

i found this really good picture book, but I'm having trouble anaylsing it. could anyone please help me with pts on how this culd relate to imaginative journeys? i need some ideas and techniques to get started.

thanks heaps! =)

Last edited:

jenniquack

HSC
i also found that book as my related text!! it is kinda difficult to analyse, but i think the imaginative journey resides in the composer and readers coz they're the ones speculating about what our world wouldbe like in the future...not much help coz i'm still workin on it...srry

lastchance

HSC
thanks.. if u get any ideas please tell me
i've jus figured its showing the way to the future as imaginary journey
dusnt sound too gud tho n i can't expand on it ><

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
To be honest, I don't think this text is a representation of an imaginative journey at all. The author Jeannie Baker has stated that the book is about "exponential change" in our world. If you take a look at the second last image, you will realise that is no more futuristic than our world today (even at the time of writing). Thus, the text is more a reflection of society than of our supposed future. Jeannie also rejects the idea of a mass consumerist world anyway, by having the protagonist move back to the country, rejecting futuristic claims.

Perhaps another text is better suited to your study of Imaginative Journeys...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)