• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Windows passwords (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by CrashOveride
no i havnt...but i mean if i wanna juse use the admin account..it shud still ask me for the password
you shoudl follow what people suggest you to do, we have our reasons for suggestions, i.e. in this case i want to see if it's only happening to your Admin account. So just creater a new one under your name and make it a part of the Administators group.

CrashOveride

HSC
ok i crated another account...gave it admin privileges...weird thing was when i went to create it it set an actual admin account needed to be created first...........or something

anyways yeh so i did htis, put a password on it...and it still logs in rite away.......although when in windows i can go to log off switch users and there it shows the admin account and the one i jsut made...but yeh prob still prevails

Winston

HSC
ok i crated another account...gave it admin privileges...weird thing was when i went to create it it set an actual admin account needed to be created first...........or something

anyways yeh so i did htis, put a password on it...and it still logs in rite away.......although when in windows i can go to log off switch users and there it shows the admin account and the one i jsut made...but yeh prob still prevails
Have you tried a aforementioned suggestion, of using Tweak UI to configure the logon process?

CrashOveride

HSC
Well as i said earlier, this was not possible for me. As Tweak UI seems to need SP1 in order to function correctly. It is not possible for me to get Sp1 - so this avenue is also exhuasted.

CrashOveride

HSC
I tried getting it from win update site.

It gives me some error when installing.

Winston

HSC
Nah its the way MS have done SP1

You need to have errr the legal version. :)
In other words you own the Windows XP Pro Corp edition with the CD-KEY FCKGW-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX correct? The backlisted one :p

CrashOveride

HSC
Oh so they have a database of well known fake keys ? :)

Quick Q. Say i have real cdkey. but i know some1 else is using it. If i used it..would MS be able to see that there are two ppl using same key and bla bla ?

CrashOveride

HSC
Yeah see, that setup wizard comes up as shown on the site.

That's when it tells me i have a pirate copy and no go :p

Winston

HSC
Oh so they have a database of well known fake keys ? :)

Quick Q. Say i have real cdkey. but i know some1 else is using it. If i used it..would MS be able to see that there are two ppl using same key and bla bla ?
They can't tell... They don't really log your IP or anything during windows update, they just check to see if your product key is black listed, and yeah, however, if your friend has your product key and whenever they format, and ring MS for the phone challenge key, and conicdentally you ring as well, then they'll know you've been either formating your computer liek crazy or you have distributed the key.

CrashOveride

HSC
Phone challenge key ???

Also, say this CD-key was from ...some government institution. Would that complicate matters? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)