Windows to GOOOO (1 Viewer)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Is this like where I can just put a window in any wall without effort? Because that would be kind of cool.

zombies

HSC
"Windows To Go is a feature in Windows 8 that allows it to boot and run from USB mass storage devices such as flash drives and external hard drives."

sounds interesting although probably something i'd never need.

zombies

HSC
Well apparently "It is intended to allow enterprise administrators to provide users with an imaged version of Windows 8 that reflects the corporate desktop and as such is aimed at enterprises"

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Might be handy for certain settings etc... but it seems pointless, I mean a portable version of linux is probably better if you need a backup OS for some reason.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
So basically it's something that pretty much all Linux distros have been doing for 5 or so years?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess I could see the benefit if it meant I could boot to Windows on a Macbook without having to install a boot camp partition taking up valuable space on my SSD?

nahi11

HSC
So basically it's something that pretty much all Linux distros have been doing for 5 or so years?
Yep.

Great for less used OS's such as linuix, but since Windows is on 95% of all computers it wont be of any significance to normal users.

jenslekman

HSC
oh the thing is since windows 8 might suck i dont have to install it onto my harddrive to test it :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
lol... i'm not very interested in the metro interface and feel no need for it. i can't help but think microsoft has put itself into a bit of a corner where it's target market are people who are already windows users and may not really feel the need to upgrade. i mean i still use WinXP on my serious work machines and for hectic processing. only reason i'd get win8 is if it came with my next work machine.

jenslekman

HSC
lol... i'm not very interested in the metro interface and feel no need for it. i can't help but think microsoft has put itself into a bit of a corner where it's target market are people who are already windows users and may not really feel the need to upgrade. i mean i still use WinXP on my serious work machines and for hectic processing. only reason i'd get win8 is if it came with my next work machine.
hmmmm i miss the good old days of XP ^^

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I agree with you there, I dont think they actually had a real need for it. I mean I wouldn't really switch over to it, I like Windows 7, used to like XP too, but 7 is a lot more efficient with the resource allocation from what I've experienced and hence lags a little less.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm still a user of the Windows Classic theme when I use a computer so a shift to Windows 8 would be too big of a move for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)