Winter Break Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
the uni hasn't exactly helped me get organised. some readers still not up on the copy centre site (or maybe those units don't have readers but the lecturers haven't emailed to say so, so i'm holding off on buying until i know). webCT not updated for semester 2, of course, so i can't get outlines and don't really know what i'll be studying except for the one-paragraph unit descriptions. haven't got exercise books yet, planning to go in early tomorrow to get the usyd crest ones from the campus store.

i bought highlighters today though! they'll run out of ink within two weeks and will never be replaced, but i still like having them so i can pretend that i'm going to apply myself.
oops haven't checked webct either, though I don't expect it to be updated yet.

according to one of my subject outlines I am expected to have seen a production of Hamlet by the 3rd, fuck off :confused: wasn't the last production of that in Sydney back in like June?

blergh death.

also I am losing my voice and sound like a creepy old man. do not want to go and mingle with the general public tomorrow. no.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
oops haven't checked webct either, though I don't expect it to be updated yet.

according to one of my subject outlines I am expected to have seen a production of Hamlet by the 3rd, fuck off :confused: wasn't the last production of that in Sydney back in like June?

blergh death.

also I am losing my voice and sound like a creepy old man. do not want to go and mingle with the general public tomorrow. no.
there's a production of hamlet aimed at youth at the opera house on the 15th august.. i don't know if it's any good, but at least it's a professional show rather than the hills district community theatre or something.

Sydney Opera House - Hamlet

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Is anyone else as totally unorganised for uni as I am :(

Haven't gotten any books, printed any outlines, anything. I think I've got a pen and a piece of paper somewhere in here, so that's a start. The end of the holidays just kind of crept up when I wasn't looking :s

BRB printing outlines so I can at least know the names of the subjects I am going to tomorrow
Hey that isn't too uncommon. You get less and less organised as you go through uni.

First year i was ready to go, bought all the textbooks, had a binder, exercise books for each of my subjects, heaps of stationary and notepads.

Second year i only buy about half the books after a week or two of lectures, and just buy a couple of exercise books. 2 or 3 pens.

Third year i borrow the textbooks i need from the library, and show up to lectures with a fresh pen and pad.

Last semester i rocked up with a pen and a pad from last year for first lectures. The pen didn't work.

spence

HSC
So did everyone miss me?
Europe was awesome, so not ready to come back yet

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Ohh joy, time for a new thread methinks.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Hey that isn't too uncommon. You get less and less organised as you go through uni.

First year i was ready to go, bought all the textbooks, had a binder, exercise books for each of my subjects, heaps of stationary and notepads.

Second year i only buy about half the books after a week or two of lectures, and just buy a couple of exercise books. 2 or 3 pens.

Third year i borrow the textbooks i need from the library, and show up to lectures with a fresh pen and pad.

Last semester i rocked up with a pen and a pad from last year for first lectures. The pen didn't work.
Hahah I was almost exactly the opposite, in that while like you I arrived with less things as time went on, I actually got more organised - got a system going. I just took one perforated lecture pad to each lecture (instead of having one for each subject), and ripped out pages and placed in an appropriately sectioned folder once I finished the pad. Made for much less to carry to uni each day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)