Wireless net @ ANU (1 Viewer)

huck fenn

I remember seeing an article in the paper a while back about wireless net being installed throughout the campus.

Anyone know anything about this? Will it be paid for by the Uni? will one be able to get it in the halls?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Wireless Networking
As many of you already know, the ANU wireless networking craze has hit the streets with huge support. Basically, you can be sitting in union court with your lap top and surfing the net for free. However, as the project is in its early stages, not all of the campus is covered yet. I am currently working with DOI to establish a list of priority areas on campus where we (students) would like to see wireless networking access. Please forward any suggestions with regard to this to sa.president@anu.edu.au <mailto:sa.president@anu.edu.au>."
This is from the ANU SA...

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
sweet....mother....

Ribbon

http://wireless.anu.edu.au/

It doesn't cover a huge area of campus at the moment but they are always working to expand it. It works in most of the major librarys and around the major buildings like law, commerce faculties.

Ribbon

huck fenn said:
But is it free? and what is the net usage quota?
It is free, and the usage quota is the same as your normal student usage quota (note: not additional) that applies to the labs. I can't remember what that is, but havn't reached it yet and I look at alot of pictures on the computers at uni, download pdfs ect.

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
you get 5md a day that rolls over to a max of 40mb and you can go down to -20mb.

on a side note w00t to being moved to the main page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)