Wireless/Vista Help (1 Viewer)

*Baby-K*

HSC
Hi guys,

I got a brand new Compaq Presario V6000, the wireless internet worked for about 2 weeks and then stoped :mad: now I can't get it going again. Is it Vista's firewall that's blocking it or what else could cause it?
Thanks for your help in advance :eek:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
since you didn't tell us what you did to the laptop (ie install various software etc), the only blanket solution I can offer is system restore to 2 weeks ago.

networkmaster

HSC
What did you change to make it not work, and please dont say nothing.

Did you install any new programs, go to any suspicious sites, mess with some of the routers settings?

*Baby-K*

HSC
I think my dad changed the settings on the router but then entered new passcodes and all that into my system but it won't budge :mad1: it's very annoying to have to plug in a cord to use the internet when I have wireless:(

Evilo

HSC
Log onto the admin section of the router - click basic wireless settings - turn access point on and enter in a passphrase. Turn the wireless on your comp on, then enter the passphase you types before. Click 'search for connecting devices' (on the router), then find your mac address on the list, click add and save.

Otherwise isolate the problem, can your comp connect to a dfferent network? can another laptop connect to the router etc.

Evilo

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
or easier still, many routers have a reset feature, usually a little thing you have to push with a pen, then u can just use the default passphrase and stuff and secure it once its working again.
but you lose all your settings. but yeah your choice.

Evilo

HSC
Always.dreaming - if you've got admin access, change the default admin password - then the little one can't change the settings ;) I did, worked a treat...until he found the password.

johnnywalker

HSC
Vista is an annoying pain in the ass when it comes to wireless net:burn:, just buy a desktop when a hard wire line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)