Wishing to change my name before University? (1 Viewer)

desm

HSC
Hello,

I am wishing to change my name entirely (both first and last name), however I do not wish to change after University as people I've made relationships and connections with will not recognize me upon reading my new name and only on my old one, the same going for institutions and companies.

Thus, I believe I should change my name before University (after the HSC to be specific), however could anyone tell me the impacts that would have on applications, scholarships and the like?

Thanks

hazelpug

HSC
Yes you should do it! It depends on how much of a change you're making, if its just the spelling of it then you shouldn't have too many problems. Not too sure about all the impacts though..

kast

HSC
Uni Grad
Between the HSC and starting uni may be a difficult time to change it legally, because it could cause too much confusion with scholarships, Centrelink, UAC, etc. My advice is change your name socially before uni - ie, introduce yourself as the new name, have it on facebook, get used to being called that name. When you enrol in uni, put your new name down as a preferred name. Before you start classes, email all your tutors and tell them the name you go by. Once you've completely enrolled, then change your name legally. This will be the easiest way to do it.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
why do youi want to change your last name

HSC
N/A
depending on your uni, it may be possible to choose your preferred name that will be used at the uni. i was gonna be McLovin but nah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)