• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

With these subjects... (1 Viewer)

demikid

HSC
Uni Grad
Im in Year 11 now with the following subjects selected:

English Standard
Maths Ext 1
Bio
Chem
Physics
IPT - Accelerated

Heaps of my friends suggest me to do English Advanced. I think i am capable of doing it but will it be too much work with the other subjects? Basically i dont care if it is hard or not, i just dont want to have too much work to do and no life =[

And I heard people say advanced scales up heaps, and it is not too much difference than standard apart from a drama or a text study. Is this true? What are the differences between standard and advanced?

Thanks in advance!

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
(It's late, I'm tired although) iirc the difference between scaling of standard and advance is not that much. You can check the UAC tables.
For the differences between standard and advance the syllabus is your friend

shady145

Banned
HSC
Im in Year 11 now with the following subjects selected:

English Standard
Maths Ext 1
Bio
Chem
Physics
IPT - Accelerated

Heaps of my friends suggest me to do English Advanced. I think i am capable of doing it but will it be too much work with the other subjects? Basically i dont care if it is hard or not, i just dont want to have too much work to do and no life =[

And I heard people say advanced scales up heaps, and it is not too much difference than standard apart from a drama or a text study. Is this true? What are the differences between standard and advanced?

Thanks in advance!
what ATAR are you aiming for?
also advanced and std scale the same... but they align differently. they use the AOS (common paper) to get both on the same scale

the difference between std and advanced=the texts, text types... i'm not sure if there is one extra module in advanced... advanced has people who are good at english... std has people that are generally not so good... very poor, hence the average aligned mark to be ~66-68... on your HSC it will look better if it says advanced on it ;)... more competition in advanced than in std...
there will be a few others...

demikid

HSC
Uni Grad
what ATAR are you aiming for?
also advanced and std scale the same... but they align differently. they use the AOS (common paper) to get both on the same scale

the difference between std and advanced=the texts, text types... i'm not sure if there is one extra module in advanced... advanced has people who are good at english... std has people that are generally not so good... very poor, hence the average aligned mark to be ~66-68... on your HSC it will look better if it says advanced on it ;)... more competition in advanced than in std...
there will be a few others...
That is what I think too. Standard is a bit too easy for me but advanced might be too much work. It's not like maths how you have three level of choices in prelim.

Anyway, Ive got an assessment coming up next week, so i guess i will see how i go in that one. I think if i get 90+ i will move to adv but if less than that i will stay. How does that sound? =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)