withdrawal from unsw? (1 Viewer)

niknik610

HSC
does any1 know how to withdraw from unsw. I am going to withdraw my B.Arts degree. What are the procedures? I have emailed the arts faculty but they havn't replied yet so just wondering who knows here. thanks in advance.

AnaisStil

HSC
Go to student central and ask them for the necessary paperwork.

You’ll need to withdraw from each of your courses individually, which means doing paper work for each one and having them signed off by the head of the course and lodging them with the faculty.

It’s a fair bit of effort, but make sure you follow it all through. I ‘withdrew’ in 2007 due to ill health, got fed up with the paperwork process and gave up. Now that I am re-enrolled in 2009, I am on ‘probation’ – because just not showing up to courses will give you a nice big fail on your transcript which looks like crap and make things difficult if you want to re-enroll.

wordsmith

HSC
Not to discount what AnaisStil said, but it should be even easier than that. Go to Student Central or their website (www.studentcentral.unsw.edu.au, and then the Forms section), and get the Program Enrolment Variation form. I think it's the last section (possibly 4B or 4C) and its concerned with Program Discontinuation. Tick the Immediately box, and you should be set (after filling out all the relevant sections above it, and signing it).
BUT! Talk it through with someone from there before going ahead with this, you want to make sure you're good to proceed without any nasty surprises. Sure as hell don't just go filling the form in based on advice from the BoS forum and submitting it - this is serious stuff. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)