Withdrawing from a subject (1 Viewer)

subj_withdraw_halp

HSC
N/A
Hi, I attend UTS but I would also like responses from students from other unis. When you withdraw from a subject, will anyone (such as your course coordinator) be informed about the change?

Kittikhun

HSC
You may (a better word would be 'should', but read on) need the signature of the course coordinator to drop the course. With the course withdrawal form I did at UNSW, it stated that I had to fetch the signature of the coordinator of the course I was dropping, but I visited my home faculty first to get their signature, and the faculty bloke told me not to worry about it and dropped the subject for me on the spot. So, in theory, yes, you need the signature and the course coordinator of the course you're dropping will know, but maybe in practice you don't her/his signature.

enoilgam

HSC
You may (a better word would be 'should', but read on) need the signature of the course coordinator to drop the course. With the course withdrawal form I did at UNSW, it stated that I had to fetch the signature of the coordinator of the course I was dropping, but I visited my home faculty first to get their signature, and the faculty bloke told me not to worry about it and dropped the subject for me on the spot. So, in theory, yes, you need the signature and the course coordinator of the course you're dropping will know, but maybe in practice you don't her/his signature.
Same here for Notre Dame - I withdrew from a few courses during my time, mainly because of timetable clashes and practicality (i.e. the subjects were best left for the end of my degree). We technically had to get the unit coordinators signature, but I handed them in without it and it was never an issue.

If you are worried about the lecturers getting angry, they usually dont. This isnt HS and they dont take it personally - they know that most of the time, people have reasons for dropping unrelated to the course.

Also, at ND, a withdrawal wasnt recorded on your transcript if you dropped out prior to the financial census date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)