Withdrawing from USYD to transfer to UNSW (1 Viewer)

Bio

HSC
As i receive my results for my units of study completed in semester 1 at USYD in between 10 july - 20 july. If i was to withdraw before this date, would they still mail me my academic transcript or my results of completing the units

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
As i receive my results for my units of study completed in semester 1 at USYD in between 10 july - 20 july. If i was to withdraw before this date, would they still mail me my academic transcript or my results of completing the units
They will mail you the Academic transcript after the semester is finished yes from what I know. Just ensure you didn't withdraw before the census date, they will give you a penalty if you do :(

From personal experience, I was told this when I was leaving UNSW and it should be similar at USYD.

BL3H

HSC
If you withdrew like last week the uni will either give you all fails or will give you what you got this semester.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
If you withdrew like last week the uni will either give you all fails or will give you what you got this semester.
I withdrew on the last week, they will give you what you got I heard.

But I don't think it should matter, since I am transferring to another UNI and starting a totally new degree.

Bio

HSC
krnofdrg, dont you mean u have to withdraw before the census date to not get penalised?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
krnofdrg, dont you mean u have to withdraw before the census date to not get penalised?
In terms of a monetary penalty, yes.

In terms of academic penalty, there are various dates thereafter the census date where you can withdraw a course and get DNF (Discontinue Not Fail). Also, if you had a circumstance in your life that resulted in you failing the final exam, and hence failing the course, you can perhaps still apply to the uni for a DNF, and count that unit not as a fail. You can also apply for your HECS debt for that subject to be relieved. I would recommend going to the SRC and speaking with a caseworker.

izzy88

HSC
To be honest, I would just call the university and check. If you have completed all the course assessments etc, then you wouldn't want to accidentally withdraw too early and be given 'Withdrawns' or Fails when it isn't necessary (and then have to go through whatever university processes there are to get your marks put on there).

Bio

HSC
Thank you, i was also wondering whether after i receive my academic transcript at USYD, can i withdraw straight away after that. Or does UNSW have to approve of my academic transcript by contacting USYD first then i can withdraw?

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
makes a lot of difference in competition. Although it may be proven good or bad for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)