Woah! What the ... ? (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I walk into class, Tuesday we did an hour on a creative compostion, today, we went after the essay part (ie. practise for HSC exams). This is the question (I would disagree with it being a question though) on the wyte-board. Apparenetly, the teacher claims this is exactly the thing we will see in the real thing:

"In one way or another, The Castle accounts for a turning from the and celebrates the local - sometimes, perhaps, sentimentally."

How compelling do you find the 'retreat from the global' as a respose to a difficult world? In your answer, refer to The Castle and a text of your own choosing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The teacher then proceeded to leave the room and leave the rest of us to argue about what a dum-ass question (??) that was. 15 minutes he came back and we still hadnt started. He then explained how bluh bluh bluh the question was very good and you had to shit on about it for 4-5 pages ....

Now seriously, What the ... ?

Ac

dissonance

----er...well that was the 2002 HSC exam question! Pretty much word for word. I ended up writing 11-12 pages on it - keep in mind, exam conditions always seem to make you write more than seems humanly possibel in a classroom.

Thats the Board of Studies for ya.......but seriously, its not really such a bad question - just open-ended.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It's a pretty good question, imo. :)

What would your ideal question have been, Lord Ac?

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Serious dissonance? Well, dont spose you made a spare copy during the exam? mmmm, doubt it. :(

"Its a good question" Umm ... as if! Ideal question:

DISCUSS (BoS word) why the movie The Castle is such an unreal and stupid movie, in your response, relate TWO other supliment materials which also point out such shitness. (PS. You cannot use your other studied texts as your suppliment materials)

Now I could go on about THIS for ages ...

Ac :)

tieki

Hehe...this is our question for our next 3U essay assignment due in week 4 next term! Anyone got any ideas on what people wrote?

:)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
OMFGosh! 13?!?!

BRAD YOU BASTARD!!! HE IS *STILL* SCREWING ME OVER!!

Ac

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)