• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Woest Olympics Ever? (2 Viewers)

nerd2die4

HSC
How can you agree with that? Australia does have History, maybe nothing like the greek gods or anything but the history is there and is recognised and is important.

nerd2die4

HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
all of europe is pretty damn good, xept france, its pretty crap
what the eiffell tower not high enough or historical enough?

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
i dont consider a countrythat is only 100 yrs old (at least since federation) to have much history, i mean what, convicts? just look at the opening ceremony in sydney, the features of australian history were ned kelly, jackaroo's, hill's hoist's and lwn mowers!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Australia don't have history ... we are only 200 years old!!! And no one cares about the aborigines. We are such a young country ... so little time for history!!

nerd2die4

HSC
200years old???

History is History. doesnt matter if it was 10 years ago or a hundred its history, and being australian you should be proud.

nerd2die4

HSC
Significance? any thing that happened in the past, is significant to shaping the future.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Theres no history ... everyone comes here to see the harbour bridge and the opera house which are so over rated ... i fail to see whats so good about metal being joined together to go across water!

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
but tell me a few things in australian history that were great, compared to event in history around the world

nerd2die4

HSC
Cape said:
Theres no history ... everyone comes here to see the harbour bridge and the opera house which are so over rated ... i fail to see whats so good about metal being joined together to go across water!
well that just wipes out half of the worlds tourist places. Theres plenty of famous bridges and Sydneys harbour bridge is one of them.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Theres nothing ... maybe if something terrible happened here, like the bali bombing or 9/11 ... maybe there might be history ... but NOTHING happens here ... ITS SO BORING!!!

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
but tell me a few things in australian history that were great, compared to event in history around the world
fuck! who cares, so australia is only a very young country, what can we do??
your the ignorant fuck, wakeup you dickhead. just because we may not have ancient ruins like your GREAT Greece, doesnt mean that australia is a shit place.

nerd2die4

HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
What do you want me to compare? The greeks they have their gods and myths and so do the aboriginals, umm heard of the dreamtime?

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
look, im not going to continue this pointless argument, the whole point of my first post was that the way that the majority of Australians have treated the Athens olympics has made me lose respect for them, they completely stood against what the Olympics mean and that makes me feel sick. From the start they have ranted and raved while every other country has been accepting. Even now people still make bullshit complaints, about the wind postponing the rowing, ffs in Sydney they had to postpone a whole day of athletics because of rain, but noone brings that up. Every athlete over their has said that they are revelling in the experience and absolutely love the olympic sites. No attendance? In the shotput heat's they had 15000 spectators, and the stadium didnt even have seats.
Firstly, speedy i havent said once that Australia is shit, i like this country, but what shits me is the way that they treat other countries
and nerd2die4, thats not Australian culture, thats aboriginal culture

Thats it, my final word.

nerd2die4

HSC
Cape said:
Theres nothing ... maybe if something terrible happened here, like the bali bombing or 9/11 ... maybe there might be history ... but NOTHING happens here ... ITS SO BORING!!!
So you want the place to be bombed for the sake of history? ohh aren't you the ignorant one.

nerd2die4

HSC
tommy, how do you know what other countries have been saying about the olympics?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
No, when u think about it ... the whole world will stop for the sake of america and greece and maybe britain ... but if ur any other country then u haven't got a hope.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
what? who was complaing about the wind postponing the rowing?

nerd2die4

HSC
cape, what do you mean stop? like the war on terror, to help america out? if thats what you are talking about, you are delusional. Australia has formed an aliance with America, if something happens to Australia it wont go unseen in the rest of the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)