Wondering if you could help.. about my subjects... yr 11 and confused!? (1 Viewer)

happyyappygurl

Hi all Bored of Studies friends ^^

I am very, very confused about my subjects.... baffled really... these past weeks since school started I ve been thinking if I should do Chem or not...
I havent been able to focus on my subjects>.<

I had orig... Bio, IT, Chem, Eng, Maths, Bus
atm... I have Bio, Ancient History, Eng, Maths, Bus......

I really dont noe if I want to do chem.... I chose chem coz I thought it mite help for assumed knowlege for science based subjects...... if I dont choose it then I choose either Eco, Pdhpe or Visual Arts instead...

Do you think Bio , Ancient History, Eng, Maths, Bus and Visual Arts will get me a UAI 95+ what kind of marks will I have to achieve... or should I juz stick to chem... for sake of uni course- medical science/ optometry??

Hope to hear from you :)

Trust the voice within
:D

HSC
i have the same problem as you have a few weeks ago but it's all a bit resolved now. if you can do chemistry like really well, then keep the course as the ones you have chosen are well balanced for you to get a uai over 90. it only depends on how you are ranked and how well you have achieved within the course
cheers :)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
im in the same boat to. but its to late i guess i cant change subjects anymore so ...i wanted to change business with engineering oh well

good luck with what ever you do.

idan

HSC
I'm doing-

Mathematics
Adv English
1U RE
Business Studies
Physics
Legal Studies
Software Design]

Although some of those subjects are scaled very low. This is what I want to change to-

Mathematics
Adv. English
2U RE
Business Studies
Physics
Economics

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
trust yourself with the subjects you picked. dont worry if they scale badly or not because everyone is effected by scaling. no will let you escape from it. you can do the "lower" scaling subjects and still get in the 90s. just do well in them ;). Pick what you think you will like and the ones that you will do best in, theres no point in having a subject where you rat on all day all night how crap it is. even if it is crap, at least try to make an effort and complete it , you might just happen to like it. also, you can drop down to 10 units for year 12 if you hate it that much.

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
trust yourself with the subjects you picked. dont worry if they scale badly or not because everyone is effected by scaling. no will let you escape from it. you can do the "lower" scaling subjects and still get in the 90s. just do well in them ;). Pick what you think you will like and the ones that you will do best in, theres no point in having a subject where you rat on all day all night how crap it is. even if it is crap, at least try to make an effort and complete it , you might just happen to like it. also, you can drop down to 10 units for year 12 if you hate it that much.
that is definitely true!!! the dux at my school of 2003 didn't choose ANY science subjects, extensions or economics or any other very high scaling courses. she even did food tech last year. but because she did her courses really really well, know her stuff, studied and applied her knowledge ALOT, she now has a UAI of 99.4. like i said before, from the subjects you have chosen, you can still get a UAI over 90 (maybe 99?) if you do really well in that course ;) :)

suz

HSC
Yeah I did crap scaling sub's but did the best I could, and ultimately I was happy with my results
If you are interested in a career requiring chemistry as a background, DO IT, unless you are prepared to do a bridging course prior to the commencement of uni.
If not do sub's based on interest and what you like
Hope that helped
Best of luck

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmm okay, do you really want to do chem? dont worry are Prerequisites just get the right UAI. COs you can do like bridging skills which helps you to get basic knowledge abt chem.

choose a subject which you like cos thats what truly matters. before everyone keeps saying it and im like blehs sif thats true, but now being in yr 12 i understand why they say that. cos if you like it then you become more focus and dont loose interest.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
You have to have that dedication and hard work...i say plan work and be consistent throughout the year, don't fall behind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)