• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

woolies uestion (1 Viewer)

hussk

HSC
hey guys

ive only just started working at woolies, literally(today was first shift) and just wanna clarify sumthin.

Im 17 and casual. I have booked a holiday over the christmas period and was wondering of they will allow me to take these holidays and if they will how much notice is required.

I know its probably a stupid question but i am new to this whole employed concept.

Thanks.

aussie-boy

HSC
i worked there for a bit at the end of year 10

official policy was 6 weeks, though I was part time as opposed to casual (so might be different) and had worked there for less than that and they still said I could take the whole Christmas holidays off

But at the end of the day who cares if they 'allow' you or not. You have been quite expensive to train and now that you are working why would they fire you? Were at full employment atm, its not like theres a queue of unemployed people waiting for your job. They need you - use this to your advantage.

If you want paid leave thats a different matter entirely... and since you're casual not one that you should worry about.

I had the same worries as you when I started.. but then I realised its not like school and your not going to get punished for being late/taking leave when you havent earnt it - the only thing that keeps people loyal to the company is the guilt factor

And when you come back from your leave, dont expect anyone to call you to tell you when youre next rostered on.. I got an angry call from my boss a few days after i got back to australia saying i was meant to be at work

oh and 1 more thing... are you doing checkouts? cos that job sucks. You should work at myer... you get paid much more and do much less

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)