Woolworths group interview questions (1 Viewer)

pushthebutton

Woolies just rang me up to ask me to come for a group interview on thursday ... After 2 months of looking and 35 applications, I need a job!! Anyone been to a group interview? What do they ask you? Just want to be prepared ...

I hope they hire me cause I've had three friends go through the whole Coles Myer interview process and ended up with nothing.

It

HSC
i did my groupie in november and have only just started working for them cos i was basically forgotten by my store.

umm, from what i can remember of the interview they made us introduce ourselves to the person next to us, then we had to introduce our partner to the group.

they then talked about pay rates and the brands and general job descriptions for each dept. we were then given a little scenario "what would you do if a customer had ordered a cake for a birthday a week before and comes in the day she needs it and its not available" .... there were all various things much the same as this that each table in the interview had to deliberate over.

once completed, they gave us a list of things to prioritise eg. customer wanting direcions, injured workmate, spill, phone call and a long queue of angry customers to deal with. just make sure all the safety ones are at the top of ur list but its all pretty straightforward.

towards the end we had to do some tests like matching barcodes and basic stuff within a time limit- dont rush it... better to not finish and get them all correct than rush and have 50% wrong. (they like to see that ur accurate under pressure)

there are no specific questions that ul have to answer on ur own cos its a "group" thing. just ensure ur not too loud, nor too quiet and that u speak with a point not just for the sake of standing out.

at the end theyll ask for ur references and whatever else they have asked u to bring n thats basically it. dont stress, they were all friendly at mine and try to get u laughing.

just a hint, try and wear black and white so they can picture u as one of their minions as i hear this helps.

let us know how u went :)

dingding

Señor Member
HSC
yeah my group interview was exactly the same as above.

Another thing you could do is ask some bullshit questions like "what are the career opportunities like?"

It just seperates you from the pack and shows you've got initiative.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Yeah I went to mine today and it nothing special. The person next to me was kinda introverted and didn't say anything. I made shit up about them...when it was my turn to talk in all the situations during the group interview I talked outta my ass so much.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
my cousin and friend attended the group interview ages ago - they didn't get in. she said that they give you senarios and ask you to say what you would do.

i think one of them was: if you were selling a new brand of lollies, how would you advertise it within the store to get the most sales [or something like that]
answer: arrange it nicely at the ends of the eisle facing the registers [or near the cash resgisters], and give out free samples.

there was another one... but i forgot.

basically, you want to participate in the group activities so they notice you. but yeah, don't do anything silly just to get attention.

and i just realised that you probably went to the interview today/yesterday so this is no help

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
I did my group interview last night, and I got a call this morning saying I got the job! ;)

But then they rang back and said my training would be postponed a week (which is exactly what happened with my group interview). Oh well, another week of going to the movies! :D

pushthebutton

thanks for that :) Yeah, I got the job. Went to training last week and watched a whole series of really repetitive videos. By the time the guy on one of the videos had said the word 'microbes' for the 100th time, everyone was cracking up. Oh well, at least I got paid for being there!

It

HSC
ohhh those videos were just great. "the woolworths way".... someone thought they were a bit clever with that one.

even our trainer was struggling to keep awake so we were allowed to leave an hr early for 2 outta the 3 sessions and still get paid. :)

i have been working instore for nearly 3 weeks now and havnt started to hate it yet. will it be long before i do?

i have decided that this old cow in nightfill (im in produce normally but do some afternoons-evenings in longlife) wants to be hit. she is like 50 and is such an old bogan fuck. i think shes just giving me the shits cos im new and she wants to assert her "authority" or some crap. she isnt even my boss or anything, she is at the same level of the shit heap as me so i dont know where she gets off. grrr.

anyway, it hasnt been bad at all so far and im certainly loving the money!!!

Nonzahh

HSC
i did my groupie in november and have only just started working for them cos i was basically forgotten by my store.

umm, from what i can remember of the interview they made us introduce ourselves to the person next to us, then we had to introduce our partner to the group.

they then talked about pay rates and the brands and general job descriptions for each dept. we were then given a little scenario "what would you do if a customer had ordered a cake for a birthday a week before and comes in the day she needs it and its not available" .... there were all various things much the same as this that each table in the interview had to deliberate over.

once completed, they gave us a list of things to prioritise eg. customer wanting direcions, injured workmate, spill, phone call and a long queue of angry customers to deal with. just make sure all the safety ones are at the top of ur list but its all pretty straightforward.

towards the end we had to do some tests like matching barcodes and basic stuff within a time limit- dont rush it... better to not finish and get them all correct than rush and have 50% wrong. (they like to see that ur accurate under pressure)

there are no specific questions that ul have to answer on ur own cos its a "group" thing. just ensure ur not too loud, nor too quiet and that u speak with a point not just for the sake of standing out.

at the end theyll ask for ur references and whatever else they have asked u to bring n thats basically it. dont stress, they were all friendly at mine and try to get u laughing.

just a hint, try and wear black and white so they can picture u as one of their minions as i hear this helps.

let us know how u went :)
Im going for my group interview on monday, im kinda stressing, im not exactly as confident as i want to be under pressure, do u think they'll notice if i was talking shit when like introducing my partner, is it okay to joke about something? like eg. " Hi guys this is Liam. Liam is a keen soccer player, enjoys music and attends school at alstonville high, but other than that ' he's quite the looker ;)'
or
Liam is a keen soccer player enjoys music and 'long romantic walks on the beach ;) '
haha i know id have a chuckle and i supose it would breack the ice , but do u think that maybe they'll take me as a joker and immature?! I want to be noticed but not as a joke, you know?
Any ideas guys ?x

jerryvn01

HSC
Im going for my group interview on monday, im kinda stressing, im not exactly as confident as i want to be under pressure, do u think they'll notice if i was talking shit when like introducing my partner, is it okay to joke about something? like eg. " Hi guys this is Liam. Liam is a keen soccer player, enjoys music and attends school at alstonville high, but other than that ' he's quite the looker ;)'
or
Liam is a keen soccer player enjoys music and 'long romantic walks on the beach ;) '
haha i know id have a chuckle and i supose it would breack the ice , but do u think that maybe they'll take me as a joker and immature?! I want to be noticed but not as a joke, you know?
Any ideas guys ?x
Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

TheDmac

HSC
Group activities normally include introducing the person next to you to the group, working in a group and working out what is most important in a task, example If there's a spill what do you do first, and you'll be given a list of possible answers to order.

There isn't really any questions they ask you, unless you have a one on one interview at the end, but you'll know if you have one as it says on your e-mail. Questions are normally ''Why do you want to work at Woolworths'' and ''What is customer service'' etc.

You'll probably also fill out some forms, like the times you're available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)