• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Woolworths Nightfill...Anyone doing this? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
ok, I'm seriously considering changing from sh*tty checkouts to nightfill and was curious what kind of pay would I be looking at...

For anyone who's around 18/19/20 I'd love to know what pay you get for working as a nightfill at woolies...thanks.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
I worked at woolies for 2 weeks before quitting for uni but got paid $12, I'm 18 years old.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
are you ppl f*cking serious! You're being ripped off!

I get paid around 14 bucks for checkouts....and I only know that it's around 20 bucks for adults on nightfill.....like 40yo mums.....so I have nooooooooooo idea where to go to from there..

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
MissMacbeth said:
are you ppl f*cking serious! You're being ripped off!

I get paid around 14 bucks for checkouts....and I only know that it's around 20 bucks for adults on nightfill.....like 40yo mums.....so I have nooooooooooo idea where to go to from there..
i like to do nightfills too but cant seem to find any places:(

It

HSC
im pretty sure that as soon as u work after midnite on a weekday and saturday its double time or time and a half. for sundays after 8pm its double time, then after 10 it goes up a bit more, then after midnite a bit more and just keeps increasing for every hour that ur there.

im only 17 and still on probabtion getting 9.60 p/h normal and nearly $17 p/h after 8pm for sundays

It

HSC
at my store, they start coming in at around 8pm and then some start at 9 and some at 10pm. Some finish at 12, but i hear of others working til 4 or 5am. It really just depends on how big the load for that day is and how many people are on and what ur roster is etc. i know at my store, cos we are open til midnite, they are not allowed to listen to any music etc while customers are in the store atleast. im not sure about after midnite tho cos i hav never worked that late before. i doubt you would be able to cos there would probably be some OHS issues with it.

gibbo67

HSC
i'm being paid around $11-11.50 to do dairy fill at coles (at 18 y.o. casual rate), but we wouldn't ever work after midnight though when the pay would start to increase....

Angelus

HSC
I'm a nightfiller, 17 - pay rate is $10/ph. Then you get the penatly rates on a Sunday which make it $14/ph.

Its hard but mindless work, i'm usually thinking about other stuff while i'm working and paying hardly any attention to the work, still get everything done better than most though.

Angelus

HSC
gibbo67 said:
i'm being paid around $11-11.50 to do dairy fill at coles (at 18 y.o. casual rate), but we wouldn't ever work after midnight though when the pay would start to increase....
Your getting ripped off mate, your pay should be getting $16-$17 per hour now that your 18.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i wouldnt mind changing to nightfill...
isnt it like ur normal age pay
so for me like 12 bux or whatever plus 75%?
only when u work after midnight
so if u start 9-3am
u get paid 12 bux (e.g) plus 25% because its after 9pm..then after 12 u get 75%
im pretty sure its that
coz sum night fill staff work early like even 7 etc..so they dont get heaps more till they work heaps late
but id love to do it..instead of chekouts

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Angelus said:
Your getting ripped off mate, your pay should be getting $16-$17 per hour now that your 18.
im 18
and i get 10.69 an hour
im on a contract...if i was casual that would go up to like 12-13 bux
sux

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
soha said:
im 18
and i get 10.69 an hour
im on a contract...if i was casual that would go up to like 12-13 bux
sux

Same here.
How many hours a week u doing?

i get $12.11 (18yo) before 12, plus 25% after 12. They dont work us on sundays :(

edit: now 10 something

Last edited:

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
ok...so anyone who's 19/20 who's a casual nightfill???

I'm thinking the stores are paying according to their income.....Like I said, I'm currently on 13.90something per hour for checkouts....so I don't really mind if the pay doesn't change......my bonus is not having to pretend to like customers!

I figured the psychology of the checkouts.....b/c 80% of the staff at my woolies wanna leave and go to Big W (I try to tell them a checkout is a checkout!) or something like a general store etc.....I figured that it's the psychology of never getting your job done....see you just continually swipe items, and there is never an end to this task. With Nightfill (in my naive opinion) you have a goal to reach each night, unlike checkouts where the only goal is not killing customers before your shift is over..

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
F*cking hell! I went to the manager to ask to be swapped to Nightfill and promptly got laughed at! They somehow eventually organised that I do half nightfill half checkouts, which means more hours that I don't want! So now I'm gonna have to wait three weeks and suddenly say I can't handle it, and would prefer nightfill. Bloody hell! I wanted my nice little 10hours per week but without having to deal with customer sh*t!

And what made me upset was the fact that 6 ppl on checkouts asked to be moved and were moved the very next day! *I'm not kidding! we checkout chicks were stunned to see three ex-checkout staff doing produce the day after they asked!*

What I mainly don't understand is why didn't they check the Nightfill rosters for the weekend?? They just assumed I will work on checkouts during that time.
Oh yay! I can bet you any money I'll have a 9pm-1am shift on Friday and a 7am shift on Saturday.....f*ck I'll be angry!!!!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I applied online for nightfull and they called when I wasn't home and haven't called back. Oh well, I don't care anyway it seems like no one is getting paid very much anyway.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
MissMacbeth said:
I can bet you any money I'll have a 9pm-1am shift on Friday and a 7am shift on Saturday.....f*ck I'll be angry!!!!
Mate you have to make a fucking stand! Talk to every Manager you can and begin by saying "look, I'm really unhappy with..." etc and they will (or should) definately listen!!!) Ringing up is a good idea!!!

I hope it works for you sweety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)