Word Limit (1 Viewer)

MBF

HSC
How do teachers determine if your PIP is over the word limit, how many words would it be safe to go over by for each section?

thanks

N

noir.

Log + introduction + conclusion = 550 words absolute max. if you do over the limit with these 3 sections dont worry. they wont notice unless they're 3 pages long (double spaced)

central material = 5000 words MAX. Don't even consider going over it. the markers will know and you may be penalised

sophie1989

HSC
I have done like 500-600 intro, log and conclusion and like 5,000-6,000 for my central. :S all up its nearly 50 pages double spaced size 14 tahoma font. And its nearly 9,000 words! is this too long? My teacher said if you NEED to put something in then leave it like info wise but if its shit then re-read n take stuff out arrrrr and that word count doesnt include my annotating or referencing or anything like that cause i havent done that yet :p And its due on monday arrrrrrrr

N

noir.

you need to cut yer central material down to a max of 5000 words you crazy lady
And make your font smaller to a 12.

dont listen to your teacher.
cut the crap
(if there is any) and if there isnt, cut stuff you've repeated

sophie1989

HSC
noir. said:
you need to cut yer central material down to a max of 5000 words you crazy lady
And make your font smaller to a 12.

dont listen to your teacher.
cut the crap
(if there is any) and if there isnt, cut stuff you've repeated
ookkk lol arrr yer i thought so ill cut some out! Im doing the impact of fashion on youths and i got heaps of crap about the history i think ill cut some of that out. So r u doing a pip 2 ? in mine i talk about Erik Erikson 4 obvious reasons, like why people chose the clothing they choose etc etc.

N

noir.

sophie1989 said:
ookkk lol arrr yer i thought so ill cut some out! Im doing the impact of fashion on youths and i got heaps of crap about the history i think ill cut some of that out. So r u doing a pip 2 ? in mine i talk about Erik Erikson 4 obvious reasons, like why people chose the clothing they choose etc etc.
Yes yes i am doing the PIP.

What other things have you talked about? some of it may not be relevant

And yeh 9 months to work on it... It should be worth more than 30%

sophie1989

HSC
noir. said:
Yes yes i am doing the PIP.

What other things have you talked about? some of it may not be relevant

And yeh 9 months to work on it... It should be worth more than 30%
this is my contents page:

Intro
log
central material:
what is fashion?
History of fashion
peer pressure and fashion
social aspects of clothing
clothes seperate people into groups
is fashion a tyrant whom we are all forced to obey?
fashion reflect personality
What influences fashion?
fashion surveys/results
how does fashion impact on parent/ teenage relationships
The development of personality, identity and social self
Teenagers are suseptable to friends
Conclusion
Research list

N

noir.

sophie1989 said:
this is my contents page:

Intro
log
central material:
what is fashion?
History of fashion
peer pressure and fashion
social aspects of clothing
clothes seperate people into groups
is fashion a tyrant whom we are all forced to obey?
fashion reflect personality
What influences fashion?
fashion surveys/results
how does fashion impact on parent/ teenage relationships
The development of personality, identity and social self
Teenagers are suseptable to friends
Conclusion
Research list
Sophie, thats a huge contents page

Mine is like this:

Log
Intro
Chapter 1: Buying Christianity
Chapter 2: What Would Jesus Do?
Chapter 3: Spreading The Word
Chapter 4: I Shop, Therefore I am
concluion
bibliography
appendix

my hypothesis is: that the commodifiation of Christianity is a manifestation of society's growing materialism.

you're looking at alot of things - and theres nothing wrong with that. but your topic seems really broad. are you focusing on a certain sex/age group?

Maybe you can combine some chapters together as you might be repeating things

sophie1989

HSC
noir. said:
Sophie, thats a huge contents page

Mine is like this:

Log
Intro
Chapter 1: Buying Christianity
Chapter 2: What Would Jesus Do?
Chapter 3: Spreading The Word
Chapter 4: I Shop, Therefore I am
concluion
bibliography
appendix

my hypothesis is: that the commodifiation of Christianity is a manifestation of society's growing materialism.

you're looking at alot of things - and theres nothing wrong with that. but your topic seems really broad. are you focusing on a certain sex/age group?

Maybe you can combine some chapters together as you might be repeating things
yerpp. shutup 9months worth of work i think its gonna be massive. :|
yerrr drrrrrrrrrrr teenagers!!! 15-18. well there the ages i focused on anyway im out chek ya cuz x

sophie1989

HSC
I just read it through like 3 times. I changed the font and cut some un-needed things out of it. all together including intro, log, central and conclusion 8,759 words size 12 tahoma double spaced.
,.... watcha' think.?

teach77

HSC
N/A
You really do need to stick to the word limit. The Log, Introduction and Conclusion are supposed to be 500 words, and any more than 550 words is a very bad idea. The Central material must NOT be more than 5000 words. Markers ALWAYS know when a project is overlength - they spend hours reading these things, one after the other, and when a PIP is more than the specified length, they can easily tell - simply by how long it takes to read it and how many pages it is. Don't try to fool the marker with wider margins or a smaller font, either. You will be penalised if your project is overlength, as this is a sign that it is not well-structured. Don't take the risk.

As noir advised, just cut the crap.

Good luck to all Society and Culture students of 2007!

sophie1989

HSC
teach77 said:
You really do need to stick to the word limit. The Log, Introduction and Conclusion are supposed to be 500 words, and any more than 550 words is a very bad idea. The Central material must NOT be more than 5000 words. Markers ALWAYS know when a project is overlength - they spend hours reading these things, one after the other, and when a PIP is more than the specified length, they can easily tell - simply by how long it takes to read it and how many pages it is. Don't try to fool the marker with wider margins or a smaller font, either. You will be penalised if your project is overlength, as this is a sign that it is not well-structured. Don't take the risk.

As noir advised, just cut the crap.

Good luck to all Society and Culture students of 2007!
Yeah i cut out a whole lot before so its pretty much the right now like 50 or 60 words over for central but log n that r right !

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
My PIP is 23,000 words. Is taht too long?

Because it is all really good.

Except for the chapter that repeats "Burn Board Of Studies" over and over.

sdaly

HSC
omg thats massive! you need to cut down by say, well it should be 6500 althogether.. so cut half of it out! they wont even take care reading much of it if its too long, it shows you just blab on and dont really know what youre talking about, because itd be unnessary crap! (even though im sure its good.. but thats their thoughts!)

sophie1989

HSC
sdaly said:
omg thats massive! you need to cut down by say, well it should be 6500 althogether.. so cut half of it out! they wont even take care reading much of it if its too long, it shows you just blab on and dont really know what youre talking about, because itd be unnessary crap! (even though im sure its good.. but thats their thoughts!)
lol everyone is scaring me ! :(
ahha yeha ive cut tonnes of it out mostly content crap.

MBF

HSC
my teacher just told me i need more cross cultural, i already have 5600 for central argh

~!~iLLcHAy

HSC
Sad Statue said:
My PIP is 23,000 words. Is taht too long?

Because it is all really good.

Except for the chapter that repeats "Burn Board Of Studies" over and over.

OMG R U CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!23000!!!!!!!!!!!! DATZ HEAPES LONG MAN!!!!

N MAKE SURE U CUT UR CENTRAL MATERIAL DOWN TO 5000!!!!!! I REPEAT 5000 BECAUSE THE MARKERS DO COUNT THE WORD LIMIT...THEY HAVE A SYSTEM TO WORK IT OUT SO EVERYONE. DO NOT GO OVER THE WORD LIMITS OR ELSE U DO LOSE MARKS BIG TYM!!!

COhex

HSC
Some people sure can't read sarcasm on the internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)