Word of advice (1 Viewer)

Doja

HSC
Hi, currently Im in yr 12 and my school making me drop from maths adv to maths standard. Is it possible to still get a good atar and is it still possible for me to enter usyd and do bachelor of commerce (even tho it requires a prerequisites of a band 4 maths adv, is there any possibility of doing my desire degree with schemes or anything cos usyd dont do bridging courses).

HSC
Hi, currently Im in yr 12 and my school making me drop from maths adv to maths standard. Is it possible to still get a good atar and is it still possible for me to enter usyd and do bachelor of commerce (even tho it requires a prerequisites of a band 4 maths adv, is there any possibility of doing my desire degree with schemes or anything cos usyd dont do bridging courses).
dropping to an easier course is rarely worth it atar wise if you can stay afloat in the harder course. as for prereqs, they're just assumed knowledge. unless a unit requires departmental permission (e.g. special studies requiring band 6) it doesn't matter, but you might struggle.

carrotsss

HSC
it’s usually advisable to stay in advanced if you can but if your school is forcing you then it’s absolutely still possible to meet the ATAR requirement for your course you just have to make sure that you put in advanced-level effort into standard to compensate for the scaling. in terms of the prereq though that might be a bigger problem because usyd’s b4 in adv maths requirement is actually a proper requirement not just a recommendation, but there are ways around it (eventhough unfortunately a lot of them are sort of annoying) https://www.sydney.edu.au/study/applying/how-to-apply/undergraduate/mathematics-prerequisite.html

HSC
it’s usually advisable to stay in advanced if you can but if your school is forcing you then it’s absolutely still possible to meet the ATAR requirement for your course you just have to make sure that you put in advanced-level effort into standard to compensate for the scaling. in terms of the prereq though that might be a bigger problem because usyd’s b4 in adv maths requirement is actually a proper requirement not just a recommendation, but there are ways around it (eventhough unfortunately a lot of them are sort of annoying) https://www.sydney.edu.au/study/applying/how-to-apply/undergraduate/mathematics-prerequisite.html
woops yeah this ^ didn't know commerce had a math requirement. every commerce student i know can count about as far as how many beers are in a carton.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)