work experience for med or any research facility (1 Viewer)

idk123233

HSC
does anyone have any work experience recommendations for med or things like research and stuff? i tried to research around the western syd area but could find anything and all the hospitals dont offer work experience sadly. Any recommendations??

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
does anyone have any work experience recommendations for med or things like research and stuff? i tried to research around the western syd area but could find anything and all the hospitals dont offer work experience sadly. Any recommendations??
You should ask your career's advisor. Usually they'll be able to pull some strings. If that doesn't work, there are programs in a few rural areas for work experience for med. This involves a group tour and you would just observe different sectors in the hospital.

GL!

cossine

HSC
It is not a work experience projects however you perhaps you might want to consider a Kaggle competition. There are medical projects. However data sets are quite large e.g. 400GB. So you probably want to consider a smaller project as a warm up.

There are numerous data science courses on Udemy, however it may take some time learning the basics and getting comfortable writing code.

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Try and organise and observership with a doctor. I had a bit of an advantage considering I have a friend whose a doctor, but for me it was a great opportunity to follow one around in the hospital/clinic and gives you good experience as well as something to write/talk about on applications/in interviews. Not sure how you'd go about organising one, maybe email some doctors in your area and explain what you're trying to do?

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Try and organise and observership with a doctor. I had a bit of an advantage considering I have a friend whose a doctor, but for me it was a great opportunity to follow one around in the hospital/clinic and gives you good experience as well as something to write/talk about on applications/in interviews. Not sure how you'd go about organising one, maybe email some doctors in your area and explain what you're trying to do?
yeah crazy listen my work experience was in the white house, we are not the same.

windows64

HSC
You should ask your career's advisor. Usually they'll be able to pull some strings. If that doesn't work, there are programs in a few rural areas for work experience for med. This involves a group tour and you would just observe different sectors in the hospital.

GL!
what if ur school doesnt have a careers advisor

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
what if ur school doesnt have a careers advisor
If that is the case, does your school have anyone you can get in touch with to see if they have anyone that can help you out with this? I know this isn't the easiest path, but there is also the option of contacting hospitals (just find some that aren't severely busy, e.g liverpool hospital) and see if they can maybe let you volunteer something? It's really unfortunate for Sydney students because most of the hospitals there are packed, and so usually they don't have time to manage students. If contacting hospitals near your area doesn't work, I suggest you to maybe try some medical centres? I did some work experience at my dad's one, but only issue with that would be that you'll likely be stuck at reception- obviously because of patient privacy laws (I know, I'm a genius ๐Ÿ˜). If you're lucky though they may allow you to do some archiving work here and there. If all else fails, there are, again, heaps of vacancies in rural areas (e.g Dubbo, Orange, Lithgow, Bathurst, etc) where you'll likely be set with a group so you won't feel alone out there ๐Ÿ™Œ. If you want any more details about this, please don't hesitate to DM me whenever. Work experience is absolutely beneficial to get a decent grasp on what you should expect once you finish uni studies, so I do urge you to not give up hope yet ๐Ÿคž.

All the best.

imamunch

HSC
I did work experience at the Children's Cancer Institute in y10. It's located in the science block of UNSW but I heard they may be relocating. It still would be worth it to check it out cause it was dope

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)