Work experience (1 Viewer)

kathrynso

HSC
I did my work experience last at Campbelltown University of Western Sydney. I was in the science department and did some things in some of the courses they had. Great fun! =)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
i went to the Australian Defence Industry's Computer Department. hahahaha, just imagine if they let me work on my own, I would've downed all the Defence systems and then sat in the corner and watched all of them come back and realise that Australia was going to be under attack because we had no defence mechanisms up and working. lol... would've been fun... :p

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
hey ii was just wondering like ii wana do my work experience at sydney observatory and they will accept me .. thing is .. should ii take it ? practically my whole year is doing it at some Kmart or shop or whatever .. ii know of nobody who is actually making an effot .. ii really wana gain something from this and like am ii being to serious ? maaan .. this has been on my mind all day .. please help ! ><"

PrettyVacant

HSC
Talk to your careers advisor.
Ours is so weird and intimidating.
We need 2 of them...but I think it'd cost too much.
Well, I'm going to a physiotherapist.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
If they're accepting you and you want to go then I don't see why you shouldn't. It sounds like a great place to go.

PrettyVacant

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
hey ii was just wondering like ii wana do my work experience at sydney observatory and they will accept me .. thing is .. should ii take it ? practically my whole year is doing it at some Kmart or shop or whatever .. ii know of nobody who is actually making an effot .. ii really wana gain something from this and like am ii being to serious ? maaan .. this has been on my mind all day .. please help ! ><"
In my point of view, you are not trying hard enough!!!
I'm kidding, take the thing. Your whole year is just lazy. Screw them.

aileenli

HSC
I did work experience and it was fun! I did it at a newspaper, and I got to sit in front of a computer and re-type press releases (ok that was kinda boring), but i got a phone all day and there were hot guys there who took me to lunch. i also got to follow the photographer around for shoots and stuff.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
i did mine a few weeks ago, and i went to the department of public prosecutions in campbelltown. best week of my life. simple.

HSC
N/A
I wanted to go to CSIRO but didn't phone early enough, which was stupid of me.

Ended up going to a music school (Forte) for a week, which was... extremely very boring.

So, choose a good place, and phone early. :)

``jes2iicah--

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
So, choose a good place, and phone early. :)
That is so true! I've had friends who rang a little late and they were like "rejected" almost on the spot!

T

Testpilot

I did it at the council (development applications)...haha i got left alone with a database of everyone's details in the shire.

topdeck

HSC
I did mine at SBS television, it was awesome. I got to go with the film crew to this big function for the opening of the new foxtel studios, with all these celebrities, politicians, the prime minister etc. Don't listen to people who say u have to "know" people and have "connections" to get a good placement, if u get in early and write a good application you can just as easily get good spots. Although the connections do help!

kimberlin

HSC
aww , our school didn't us do it . apparently the insurance premiums were too high .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)