• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

work placement (1 Viewer)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
where are u going for workplacement? it cant be that bad where ur going...

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
skool_angel went to harvey norman hehe =P

uts so big how do you know which palce to go to?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah uts seems pretty big, but by the end of the week, i knew my way round. yeah i relied heavily on the maps from the dirary which i was given :)

nvncbl

HSC
N/A
Work Placement...

Well i did my 4 day week at Acer Computer Australia
last year @ Olympic Park.

I must say it is not a bad place with a lot of nice people but i have vague memories of it now...

I would recommend it to people who still have an interest
in IT.

It aint much of a bludge but there is still the breaks
and lunch with some off the mad employees.

First day - Repairs centre - One of the service co-ordinators(english guy) was cool and was fun to work with..
The technical guys at the back were quiet but had their part in the company..

Second day - Spare parts - OMG Hardware heaven... i had thoughts of taking some stuff as i was picking and packing for people's orders... was fun working with packaging dudes very fun...

Last Day - Call Centre - Interesting listening to coversations from customers and how f****en dumb they are.. I could work there and it would be so easy.. the manager offered me a job there too... not bad..

Even though it is one of the biggest computer companies internationally i dont think the office that i went to got me any competencies only that i spent a couple days out of school to get a few ticks to outcomes...

Not Bad...
Cant wait till more workplacement this year

how did u get into thier did u call sumone or just rocked up and ask sumbody thier
thanx

S

Simo_da_bodyboarder

Hey i have finished all my work placement for year 11 and 12 in year 11 i went to a primary school and did shat all but it gave me an idea of being a primary school teacher which is sick and in year 12 i went to Centre link IT support and that was full on i advise to ask your teachers about that!!!

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
In Year 11 i went to The Smith Family and became their receptionsist for a week... "Good morning, Smith Family can I help you?" in a sweet, polite, sickly voice... lots of good net surfing tho

In Year 12 i went to the new apprentiships centre and entered data into excel spreadsheets for a week...

not the two most exciting weeks of my life shall i say??

i think i learned more about the industry i want to work in (teaching) by fiddling with stuff on the computers at school....

i wanted to learn about networks and stuff but im a girl so why should i know anything about computers??? girls do stuff like answer the phone dont they?

/rant sorry big ggrrr

chi_chi

hey....um....i'm finding a place to do my second week of It work placement.............but i have no idea of where 2 go........so, can u plz help me out? if u have a place to recommend, can u giv me the place's phone numba and adress?? tanx! my email is: chile_luuphan@yahoo.com.au

chi_chi

IT work placement

yeah........i know dat we can go anywhere that has a computer for work placement............but i have askd soooo many places, and most of the time the people just say, "sorry we don't take work placement" or, "we're all booked out".........and other excuses!!

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by chi_chi
yeah........i know dat we can go anywhere that has a computer for work placement............but i have askd soooo many places, and most of the time the people just say, "sorry we don't take work placement" or, "we're all booked out".........and other excuses!!
I went to Quicken at Pyrmont, give them a ring to see if they'll let you.

My second place i went to was this Comptuer service sort of thing called Page One Technologies located in Ingleburn.

chi_chi

Originally posted by Winston:

I went to Quicken at Pyrmont, give them a ring to see if they'll let you.

My second place i went to was this Comptuer service sort of thing called Page One Technologies located in Ingleburn

thanx alot!! i'll check these places up!

chi_chi

IT work placement

well..........my teacher isn't helping that much, because she has heaps of other things to do, because she's also the school's administrator........but, i've been emailing heaps of places!! and FINALLY, an editor of a kids' magazine replied, saying i was allowed to work with them!! finally! thanx for your help anyway!! i greatly appreciate your help!

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
It is advisable that you do. But it up to you. Usually in our school students who are dropping IT stop attending towards the end of term 3 and then they are deemed not ready for the workplace anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)