• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Working/having a job during yr 11 and maybe yr 12? (1 Viewer)

Work during your HSC years...

• Already have a job

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Am trying to finding work

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I'd rather focus on my studies

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I have other commitments (sport, whatever)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just don't care about getting a job atm, rather relax at home and earn no money

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
The problem with having a job is that you are working to someone else's timetable.

I would actual recommend you continue doing your fun sport or social stuff. You can take time out from that without causing major harm AND use it to let off steam.

If you have a family that is able to support you through School, I would let them do that. Do not spend money you don't have on things you really don't need and you don't need a job.

Hundreds of thousands of young people doing Year 11 and 12 in the pat have done without a job. You can, too. AND it gives you time to study when you need it.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
The problem with having a job is that you are working to someone else's timetable.

I would actual recommend you continue doing your fun sport or social stuff. You can take time out from that without causing major harm AND use it to let off steam.

If you have a family that is able to support you through School, I would let them do that. Do not spend money you don't have on things you really don't need and you don't need a job.

Hundreds of thousands of young people doing Year 11 and 12 in the pat have done without a job. You can, too. AND it gives you time to study when you need it.
yea but u need money to go out and stuff....+ there's also heaps of yr 11s and 12s with a job...plus it also provides u with skills and is advantageous over other candidates when it comes to apply for a full time job etc...

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it is certainly possible to have a job and do well in HSC. (if you have good time management-I've seen it done) Besides most people have to work and study at uni so it's good skill to have.

occer

HSC
N/A
I'm about to start looking for a job, well after my half-yearlies most likely.
It will be my first job and basically i just don't want to be in fast food. I'm pretty OK with everything else. Problem is the things i wnat to do probably wont hire a 16 year old and close at normal office hours anyway.

I'm not sure how i will go in regards to it effecting my 'studying' etc. I think it might actually help me organise my time better. Plus some extra cash would be great.

Now the trouble is finding one.
Exactly the same here, I should get round to applying to some :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)