working hours and pay rates (1 Viewer)

capsicum

HSC
is $7 an underpaid amount if you're an adult who works full time overtime? that is, you start at say 7:30 and finish at 8pm everyday. are fulltime employees even allowed to be paid at that rate for working such hours?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
not sure of the award wage.
btw adult = 21 yrs old.

hmm...you might want to check out the award wages for where you work.
there was a link poosted here a while back, try searching for it.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You can't get overtime if you are full time (ie on a salary). If you are paid wages (ie an amount per hour for an agreed amount of hours per week) you can do overtime and get paid more for it, but it has to be by mutual agreement with the employer and employee, if the employer doesn't agree to it and the employee does extra hours anyway, the employer doesn't have to pay them at all.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I agree its a pretty low rate but if u recognise that its poor pay why does one stay in the job?

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
maybe there is no alternative jobs avaliable or s/he needs the money to support the family.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by capsicum
is $7 an underpaid amount if you're an adult who works full time overtime? that is, you start at say 7:30 and finish at 8pm everyday. are fulltime employees even allowed to be paid at that rate for working such hours?
yes definitely

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I'm pretty sure the minimum wage for 18yrs+ is at least $10 an hour. Not totally sure though. I assume you're over 18?

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by capsicum
you are not alone, when i was 18 (i'm 19 now)i had $7/h. when my employer started to give me 12 hours shifts i left. i worked in fruit shop.
capsicum what type of job do you do?

capsicum

HSC
oh no, not me. i know of someone who's being paid that amount and i don't think they should still be working. i think it's very cheap labour as the person is working at a packaging factory.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
$7/hr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm like 17 on part time and thats what im getting! ur way underpaid

cko

HSC
capsicum said:
oh no, not me. i know of someone who's being paid that amount and i don't think they should still be working. i think it's very cheap labour as the person is working at a packaging factory.

i work at a factory and make 20.68...

but anywayz, I reckon that u should quit that job, can't u see they're abusing u?!!! u can get a job that pays wayyyy better than that so easily! don't cheat/cheapen urself

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ms 12 said:
there is always alternative jobs available
Not necessarily.

Is this a cash in hand type job, or is it proper and recognised by the tax system? I do know that this thread is kind of old, but anyway...

SipSip

HSC
N/A
7 bucks and hr is like slave labor....i mean, if you work fulltime, you should be at least at 10 bucks...even more under award wages...

But i know, some employers actually try to con you....if you like the job, guess it's still a good experience

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
When i was getting a measly $10 from my last job, when i was 18.

I thought i was being hired and treated like a slave.

$7/HOUR,? tell them to fuck off. That will me such a low self esteem. But it also depends if your doing it for experience or the money.

Like trainees / appretince get $6-7 /hr.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
damn jezzmo.. i get 10.61 an hour and im at woolworths (im 17).. i spend 8 hours a week wandering around aimlessly in variety
i guess your job is fun though, esp with the prank calls lol
u know whats good.. working in nightfill at a shop
if your a casual u get that loading, as well as more loading working between 10pm-6am.. esp on a sunday night
but yeh thats just a suggestion.. esp if u want to work 2 jobs

capsicum

HSC
i heard woolworths was good pay, and i used to work for maccas but quit cuz i didnt enjoy it. the pay was really bad!! i think from what i remember, i got $6.03 or something per hour?

Pharrell

the minimum wage in australia is somthing like $5.50...but u better check with a govt website if u really wanna check it out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)