working hours per week during uni? (1 Viewer)

pokeme

HSC
N/A
So as the title says, what do you think is the best amount of hours to work while studying with 22 contact hours of uni

fatboi

HSC
N/A
Several studies suggest the cut off point is about 17 hours a week, before significant interferences with uni occur

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah, 22 hours + 25 hours of work is fine.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Several studies suggest the cut off point is about 17 hours a week, before significant interferences with uni occur
The studies I've read have said 10-14 seems to be manageable for most people. 14-18 and there's some noticeable interference with uni. Any more than 18 and uni is often quite significantly negatively impacted.

Though these studies were on people with around 15 contact hours per week.

izzy88

HSC
It really depends on the person, the course and what your goals are - what kind of marks do you want, what kind of social life, how much money you need etc. (and how easy you find your courses)

Personally I find any more than 2 days work a week (aprox 16 hours) gets pretty difficult if you want to maintain a good balance of uni (class/marks) and social life/not spending the entire semester stressed.

Remember that contact hours are the usually the bare minimum for courses - you will have to do readings/assignments/study etc outside that time.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
i started working 40 hour weeks. gonna start studying at uni part time but not attend lectures - just tutes.
depending on how things go i might increase it to 3 next sem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)