Workplacement (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Ahhh..

I don't like my workplacement :(

I stuffed up twice yesterday (l didn't put water onto the julienne carrots so they probably froze and stuck together and l'll probably be in trouble today) Also l think l stuffed up when l battered the chicken.

I'm so scared about going in today, l hope they don't go off at me - can they go off at me?

Courtney

HSC
I did workplacement at St John's park bowling club (for yr 11) and for year 12 I went to Wildfire restaurant..
Both were ok i guess..but like everyone i was soo tired after standing for sooo long and only getting a half an hour break!

The only problem with workplacement is there are so many repetitive tasks! At wildfire for about 4 out of 5 days I chopped boxes and boxes of mushrooms, brunoise onions, chop celery and Jardinare carrots!

St Johns park wasnt that bad!...we didnt do as many repetitve tasks and we served lunch and dinner times...

After workplacement however, i sort have turned off the chef job as my FEET KILLED!! Im glad i have finished my two workplacements!

Hey Misturi, did they go off at you on workplacement?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Courtney
I did workplacement at St John's park bowling club (for yr 11) and for year 12 I went to Wildfire restaurant..
Both were ok i guess..but like everyone i was soo tired after standing for sooo long and only getting a half an hour break!

The only problem with workplacement is there are so many repetitive tasks! At wildfire for about 4 out of 5 days I chopped boxes and boxes of mushrooms, brunoise onions, chop celery and Jardinare carrots!

St Johns park wasnt that bad!...we didnt do as many repetitve tasks and we served lunch and dinner times...

After workplacement however, i sort have turned off the chef job as my FEET KILLED!! Im glad i have finished my two workplacements!

Hey Misturi, did they go off at you on workplacement?
How boring! how many hours did you work?

Nah they didn't go off :)

But the managers wife did tell me to redo 200-250 pieces of garlic bread when l did them how the head chef asked me to do them and l was down to my last two. Stupid biatch.

nettie

no affence but at least you got to do stuff at your work placement i was not aloud to do anything at all i actually wish i did get to use a knife or something. It was a waste of time for me i get more experiance at school

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
nettie said:
no affence but at least you got to do stuff at your work placement i was not aloud to do anything at all i actually wish i did get to use a knife or something. It was a waste of time for me i get more experiance at school
I didn't get to use a knife either. I didn't cook, use a knife or do much. I only made garlic bread as well as prepare food.

the xc3ption

v sia said:
they say workplacement is catered for the area you live in .... then why do i hear people in my school saying they did workplacement in the city etc.

how bad would that be , 2 hour travelling there and back + train ticket , even worse if you have to be there at 7 am or something

oh yeah i forgot you dont get paid and you miss out on 1 week of school

( god ... im scared of where im gonna do workplacement at )
I know what you mean about the travelling. I had to travel up to the city everyday for a week in year 10 for a law week thing. aftermath? $30 in travel fare (cause of peak hour travel) and one entire week of getting up at 6am so that i could get a lift to the station.

Batch_KG

i hated my work placement! mostly all i did was washing up, peeled sum potatoes and carrots, cleaned mussels, and cooked garlic and herb bread through a little machine at night time :(
I never got to cook anything, cus the chef said ' she doesnt like other people in her kitchen cus shes fussy!' and when she asked me to get her sumthing from the freezer room, id go in there and cant find what i was looking for, and she'd get shitty at me :vcross:

lol i hated it very much, hated stinking like prawn, and having wrinkly fingers cus of the washing up, and not getting paid for it! agh!

Innocent eyes

i haven't had a bad workplacement except the time i went to a cafe' and the owner was really mean she gave me a really bad report because i was nethargic(meaning i was always running out of engergy because i didn't have time for breakfast before i whent out onto workplacement.) amd i think she hated me. i did nothing but wash dishes all day.

_manda_87_

HSC
In my second week i missed out on a day of work placement cos i fainted within the first hour..they had no ventilation in the kitchen and i prob didnt help that i didnt hve breakfast that morning.

For my first week i went to the venue collection at sydney uni.....no kitchen work at all it was one of those places that organises the functions, like graduation lunches, board meetings, dinners, formals etc. I had a great time the only work i actually did was help wit the fones while everyone else was in a meeting and a bit of waitressing on the last day for one of the functions that i helped organise!!

tracemister

Hey, i did my workplacement for hospitality at the Courtyard by Marriot Hotel in Paramatta for year 11. I was so scared , coming from a the midnorth coast , the waitresses were really nice and the apprentice chef but the head chef was scary and evil he didn't talk to me pretty much until the third day.
plus i met this really cool dude working in the office on me lunch break so that made it all better, plus i got offered an apprenticeship
then for year 12 i stayed in the local area and drove to port macquarie every day to the West port bowling club , it was the best fun, the chefs were young and funny and so nice, Nathan was the best. I got great comments. it was repetitive but by the end of the week you new what to expect and weren't scared anymore.
then for my tafe course, hospitality extension i just got my work to fill out a letter, i oculd not be bothered, extension sucked, i recommend checking out the facilities first before accepting and what the course involves.

BLADEYTom

HSC
N/A
I did my work placement in Year 11 at Löwenbräu Keller http://www.lowenbrau.com.au/ and in Year 12 Sea Change Cafe at Dee Why.

Year 11 W/E was crap, just crap. The fact that I had to travel all the way into the city was very tedious, plus the hours were not good either.

Year 12 W/E was the break I was looking for, and I dont think I will say why! (probably becasue I would fail the course)

nelly_xox

mine was fun, i waitress ne way so the standin up didnt matter, i did my first one in a cafe and had complete control of service on my third day, not to brag, soz, it was so fun i love the rush

Skeeta

HSC
_Manda87_ swear to god i passed out at mine too!
i bloody woke up and the ambulance was there.. the people were so friendly there though - xept for the head chef i swear 2 god he stepped on me trying 2 get a knife while i was passed out on the floor... grrr

_manda_87_

HSC
Skeeta said:
....._Manda87_ swear to god i passed out at mine too!
i bloody woke up and the ambulance was there..
no way!?! it was the first time it ever happened to me ...i was only out for a few seconds...i was chopping mushrooms and i felt like i was goin to be sick so i started to head towards the door but started to fall, one of the other chefs caught me and the head chef tried to carry me out but i woke and tried to walk myself.... the same thing happened in church, only i wasnt chopping mushrooms!

stanleym

i did all my workplacement back in yr11 all u gotta do is be interested and show them u r then they give u betta stuff to do ..... i pulled a job out of one of them haha its great

beach_babe

HSC
it just depends where u go.cause i went to manly pacific and it was really good caus ei did
all differen stuff.but yeah my bro went to a boring jobs
u got to do all the shitty stuff that they dont wanna do thats the only crap thing!!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I hated it how they got angry at me when they'd ask me to get something from the freezer and l wouldn't know where it was.

How am l (or anyone for that matter) supposed to remember EVERYTHING in only a few days? Its hard to remember where everything goes in two freezer rooms, the equipment room and the certain methods they use to cook/prepare their food.

They used ot get so angry at me.

I'm so happy l'm not a chef. I would have hated it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)