World Idol (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
heres the first page of the World Idol Thread in the American Idol section which has grown to 43 pages at www.televisionwithoutpity.com
bored little me actually skimmed through the entire thread :p

there are mixed opinions about guy, ppl think he should've toned down the melisma, which i agree on.

kurt (aka hobbit) seems to be the favourite... he didn't really stand out for me though O__o;;

interesting article...

btw, have the voting lines closed yet? not that i've voted for anyone :p, just curious...

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
yeh... but some1 posted this link to a UK website, and on this site it sed that simon fuller chose the songs for the idols

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
yep, the votin lines have closed. each country has 24 hrs to vote

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
what i would like to know is the REAL order in which they sang, cuz i think guy sang b4 kelly, and was called a donkey by simon cowell

in fact i would like to see the whole show unedited

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
Kurt and Kelly were great singers, but in no way "unique"...which is what I thought they were looking for.

Guy is really the only one you can call unique. Plus, he's an all-round musician, not just a singer.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by Suney_J
yep, the voting lines have closed. each country has 24 hrs to vote
actually the US only had 2 hrs because the votes were free so most ppl just voted like mad throughout that time lol.

me im not payin to vote in this trivial contest...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
actually the US only had 2 hrs because the votes were free so most ppl just voted like mad throughout that time lol.

thats not fair man.. they have a higher population than everyone else too...

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
thats not fair man.. they have a higher population than everyone else too...
The population has nuffin to do wit it, what does count is how the idols are ranked accordin to the votes, and thus they're given points accordin to their ranks

But i think havin only 2 hrs to vote is a good idea, bcuz the ppl who do actually vote are mainly the ones who wathched the show, not the ppl who only saw the 10 second clips after the simpsons

Fry

Originally posted by Darth Figgy
Kurt and Kelly were great singers, but in no way "unique"...which is what I thought they were looking for.

Guy is really the only one you can call unique. Plus, he's an all-round musician, not just a singer.
how is Guy unique? he seems like a typical all-round nice guy to me, and i know many people like him. just cos he's got an afro, that makes him unique? pft..

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
What I mean is, when you listen to Guy, you KNOW you're listening to Guy...there's no one else who sounds like him.

Kurt sounds like Bono and Kelly sounds like Christina (plus, she looked like her, with the suit, hat and nose stud).

Last edited:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
bored little me actually skimmed through the entire thread :p

kurt (aka hobbit) seems to be the favourite... he didn't really stand out for me though O__o;;

that's because Lord Of The Ring is a big hit right now! :D

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Darth Figgy
What I mean is, when you listen to Guy, you KNOW you're listening to Guy...there's no one else who sounds like him.

Kurt sounds like Bono and Kelly sounds like Christina (plus, she looked like her, with the suit, hat and nose stud).
well that's your opinion. Kelly sounds like no one except herself.

Guy on the other hand, just odd looking....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
kelly does have a unique voice, because of her shouting high notes

but guy's is more unique

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
As to the Guy has the best voice so far comment by Simon Cowell, I think it is edited so that Guy, who actually sang BEFORE Kelly was swapped by Channel Ten. therefore, to make Guy look good.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
As to the Guy has the best voice so far comment by Simon Cowell, I think it is edited so that Guy, who actually sang BEFORE Kelly was swapped by Channel Ten. therefore, to make Guy look good.
yep, i thnk thats true

the "You got the best voice so far" comment doesn't mean that much if he sang at the start

i think the order in which they sang was the order they were introduced in, and if u remember correctly guy was introduced as the fourth or fifth person

Originally posted by Survivor39
Kelly sounds like no one except herself.
well im not too sure bout that, but dont get me wrong, i think kelly has an amazing voice, i jst wouldn't classify it as a voice that is unique.

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC

well im not too sure bout that, but dont get me wrong, i think kelly has an amazing voice, i jst wouldn't classify it as a voice that is unique.
My thoughts exactly. Kelly does have a beautiful and strong voice, but it's not one we've never heard before.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yep, i thnk thats true

the "You got the best voice so far" comment doesn't mean that much if he sang at the start

i think the order in which they sang was the order they were introduced in, and if u remember correctly guy was introduced as the fourth or fifth person
that is SO sneaky!! i have it taped, i will have a look and post what order they were introduced in, and what order they sang it

edit:
omg, they did edit it!!

they are introduced in the order of:
germany / holland / diana / guy / heinz / poland / canada / usa / belgium / uk / norway

HOWEVER, they sing in the order of:
germany / holland / diana / bengium / heinz / poland / canada / usa / guy / uk / norway

which means, channel 10 swapped australia and belgium around!!

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Now you know that Simon Cowell doesn't think Guy has the best voice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)