• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

World Idol (1 Viewer)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
yeah, and i think UK just had their third idol?
yeah idol began in england didnt it?
england's got their third idol.. the big girl :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh, eng has it too? they r so ahead!
Originally posted by Fry
i would've really liked to see what the first American Idol was like.
it was kelly clarkson

Fry

er..do you actually think im that dumb?? i meant the show..i want to watch it, but we get the third so yay for that.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
er..do you actually think im that dumb?? i meant the show..i want to watch it, but we get the third so yay for that.
lol!
i couldnt figure out what u meant, now i know

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
im not sure if its smart move by channel 10 to show american idol

becuz when it finishes, they have to aussie idol, and ppl mite get bored of idol by then.
think about it, we finished our first idol series, then they showed world idol, and then they're gonna show american idol, so when we do get up to aussie idol, ppl mite be sick of idol. but i can be wrong and it could go the other way

another bad thing from showin american idol is the publicity the winner will get from us. and when it comes time for the third world idol(if it makes it there) the aussies will be more inclined to vote fot the american idol, givin our third idol (once again, if we make it there) less of a chance

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i don think it was agood idea. why do we have to see usa idol?!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think i will end up watching it, but not airing it would make it so much easier coz then i would not feel i needed to watch it!

Fry

i think it's great that they're airing it so we get to have a taste of what their show is like compared to ours, and im thinking its gonna be much better. think about it, how much did the Aussie version of Survivor and Fear Factor suck?? better off that they show it than not at all, we missed out on the first two so at least we get the third. and besides, channel 10 decided to show it because of its potential massive ratings.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Suney_J

another bad thing from showin american idol is the publicity the winner will get from us. and when it comes time for the third world idol(if it makes it there) the aussies will be more inclined to vote fot the american idol, givin our third idol (once again, if we make it there) less of a chance
The third Idol is like next year in 2005....I don't think it will make that much of a difference.

and I don't agree with what you're saying. Showing American will only improve the quality of our own idol. I mean look at Guy. 7th our of 11 in World Idol, which reflect how crap our Idol through worldwide perspective.

I want to see American Idol 1 :D

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
The third Idol is like next year in 2005....I don't think it will make that much of a difference.

and I don't agree with what you're saying. Showing American will only improve the quality of our own idol. I mean look at Guy. 7th our of 11 in World Idol, which reflect how crap our Idol through worldwide perspective.

I want to see American Idol 1 :D
when i said it was bad, i meant it might be bad for channel 10 in terms of their ratings when it comes time to show aussie idol. ofcourse american idol will attract viewers, but i just thought it might be a possibility that ppl will get sick of watching so much idol, but i also said i could be wrong and it could go the other way

and i wouldn't use the world idol comp as an indication of how good or bad our competition is

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by PrettyNoose
stickied? people must like their idol
Originally posted by iambored
stickied? yey!
Yeah. I sticky threads which have over 200 replies OR over 2000 views.

when i said it was bad, i meant it might be bad for channel 10 in terms of their ratings when it comes time to show aussie idol.
well is that the case for Survivor? It is up to Seasons 7 now and the ratings has remained constant.

and i wouldn't use the world idol comp as an indication of how good or bad our competition is
I think it is a very good indication to show the standard of competition.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well is that the case for Survivor? It is up to Seasons 7 now and the ratings has remained constant.
you can't say the ratings hav eremained constant from the start though? the first was a hit! the second was going down but still some watched it, and now i don't know anyone who watches it. i don't even know why it airs.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
the reason it is still airing is because people are still watching it! Simple!...Do you think NINE is stupid enough to buy the series and air it at prime time so that not many people will watch it??!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
The reason why i think Survivor and Idol are different is because channel 9 shows Survivor once a year, however channel 10 have shown the first aussie idol, then after that world idol, then after that american idol, so when it comes time to show the second aussie idol ppl mite be bored of idol because they haven't had a break from it

I think it is a very good indication to show the standard of competition.
i still disagree, because many ppl (guy fans and non-guy fans) have said that the standard of competition at world idol was bad, and i think it was u who said that the belguin guy was really bad (im not sure if it was u) but he still beat most of the idols

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC

i still disagree, because many ppl (guy fans and non-guy fans) have said that the standard of competition at world idol was bad, and i think it was u who said that the belguin guy was really bad (im not sure if it was u) but he still beat most of the idols
The standard of competition is World Idol was fierce. The only reason that people don't realise this is because the song choice didn't allow all the idols to show their potential. If you go download each Idols' winner singles, that is Guy - Angels Brought Me Here, Kelly Clarkson 'A Moment Like This' etc... you will see how each of them really sings.

As to the Belgium Peter, I said his image is bad. But I still don't like that genre of music.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
The reason why i think Survivor and Idol are different is because channel 9 shows Survivor once a year
Channel 9 Shows 2 Survivor seasons a yr
[ie, Survivor: Amazon (Spring) and Survivor Pearl Is (Fall/Autumn) for 2003]
when a good show is made in the US they usually have 2 seasons a yr but Simon fuller stopped FOX from doing the same with American Idol because it would dry out too fast and the previous winner wont have alot of time to sell their albums before another winner is created...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)