World Order Essay Outline (1 Viewer)

Bone577

HSC
N/A
[size=+1]Effectiveness of law[/size]

a)Enforcability
Israeli denial of ICJ ruling (The Palestine Chronicle) ICJ has "no ruling"-Avi Pazner, Israeli spokesman.
US support for this denial "It is a political issue"-Scott McClellan, White House spokesman.

This is a contradiction to Israeli and US domestic law, as US Constitution states it must abide by treaties, including Article 7(1) of UN Charter which states ICJ's jurisdiction, even if ruling is not legally binding.
Resolution 181 states Israel must abide by all treaties to which it is a signatory. Including recognition of ICJ.
Israel accepts UN charter hence must accept ICJ according to Israeli "basic law".

Israel has breached over 60 resolutions, SCR237, SCR 242, SCR 252, etc.

US violation of ICJ ruling on Nicaragua.

US violation of UN charter in Iraq.

US violation of WTO ruling on Cuban embargos.

US vetoe of over 60 resolutions.

State Sovereignty (Montevideo Convention 1933) a barrier to world order?

b)Accessibility
"There is only one option - to sit quietly and watch" Tanya Reinhart, Jewish Professor in first hand article in reference to Palestinians. - zmag.org

Case of wall was taken to ICJ who ruled against the wall. Case was also taken to the UN, which ruled in against the wall.

Media reports of the wall are shown around the world. But these media reports never cover apropriate amounts of argument ie. they never bring up the question of why the wall isn't built in Israeli land, making it legal and more effective for security).

Nicaraguan case braught before ICJ which ruled against US.

Embargo case braught by the EU to WTO, which ruled against embargo.

c)Resource Efficiency

US-Israeli rejectionism hindering efficiency in Palestine.

US vetoe of over 60 resolutions.

Taking up time of governing bodies which still are ignored.

d)Equality
International treaties reflect equality.(UDHR, ICCPR article 26)

Israel's Decleration of Independance (1948) mentions equality once yet the idea of a pure "Jewish state" eminates throughout.

More than 20 laws in Israeli law that discriminate against Palestinians, shown in a report to the World conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance, August/September 2001(www.adalah.org)

US double standards in dealing with Israels multiple violations of resolutions as opposed to Iraqs single violation.

US support for Saudi Arabia vs Iran.

US illegal war on Nicaragua vs Saddams war against Kuwait.

[size=+1]Law Reform[/size]

a)Conditions that give rise to reform
Changing social values
Changing composition of society eg media
New concepts of justice
Failure of existing law. eg US violations/Israeli violations
New Technology eg. militarisation of space, nuclear weapons

b)Agencies for Reform
Federal/State parliament
Law Reform Comissions federal/state
UN Resolutions

I fixed it up off the top of my head. Anyone got a plan on there comp for the other two possible questions?

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Don't just talk about one case in detail, you need a variety of cases and legislations/treaties/conventions etc.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Don't just talk about one case in detail, you need a variety of cases and legislations/treaties/conventions etc.
Figured soo much. No probs, it is actually easier this way since i don't need to go into soo much detail.

edit: i just fixed it up. Anyone have a plan they can post up for the two other possible questions?

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Your essay seems to be very different from the ones I used to see.

I would put the followin in mine:

State sovereignty
Hague Conventions/League of Nations/Pact of Paris
UN
ICJ/ICC
Peacekeeping
NGOs
Humanitarian intervention
Media

If I can fit all that in my essay I'll be pretty happy. LoL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)