World Order quotes (1 Viewer)

fleck27

HSC
Apparently its good to have lots of interesting quotes in your World Order essay....anyone have any good ones?

All I have is "You can do alot with diplomacy, but with diplomacy backed up by force you can get alot mroe done"- Kofi Annan

Please help :)

Azreil

HSC
In a time of war, the law falls silent.
Marcus Tullius Cicero.

Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding.
Albert Einstein

Well, the issue of a standing UN army has been raised by many because, quite frankly, the way we operate today is like telling Ottawa that I know you need a fire station but we will build one when the fire breaks. We have no army. When the crisis breaks then we begin to put an army together. We go around to governments and begin asking for troops. The question with a standing UN army is that it raises issues of budget issues, legal issues, where do you place it, under what jurisdiction? And the big boys, big countries don't want it. The smaller countries are also nervous.
Kofi Annan (20 October 2004)

Today's real borders are not between nations, but between powerful and powerless, free and fettered, privileged and humiliated. Today, no walls can separate humanitarian or human rights crises in one part of the world from national security crises in another.
Kofi Annan.

Both security and development ultimately depend on respect for human rights and the rule of law.
Kofi Annan

Recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.
UNDHR

Peace does not rest in the charters and covenants alone. It lies in the hearts and minds of all people. So let us not rest all our hopes on parchment and on paper, let us strive to build peace, a desire for peace, a willingness to work for peace in the hearts and minds of all of our people. I believe that we can.
John F Kennedy

All found on Wikiquote, and there are lots more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)