worried about atar (1 Viewer)

lemur0295

HSC
i didnt do that well in my first assessment tasks for year 12 (procrastinating, didnt revise properly)
adv maths - 45%
bio - 52%
adv english - 40%
chem and textiles not recieved yet

also for my chem assessment task(task 1) i was sick on the day(friday) so i didnt go to school and my parents were too busy to take me to the doctor so they took me on sunday(two days after). my deputy said she wont accept my misadventure form because of this and has rejected it. is there anyway i can appeal or like idk i really dont wanna get a 0.

and then yesterday i was 5 mins late to school (9 minutes but i spent some time talking to the reception about what i should do) the DAY BEFORE my english assessment (task 2) which is today. i went straight to the deputy and i told her we got stuck in traffic and usually she makes exceptions for people if its under 10 minutes but for some reason she didnt for me and said i have to complete a misadventure form for being 5 minutes late?? and she wants proof that we were stuck in traffic. i dont understand how i could get an unfair advantage by being 5 minutes late?? what am i supposed to put in the misadventure form for proof?

lets say i received a 0 for both tasks would there be any way to save my atar, my parents are expecting above 95 but would be happy with anything 90+. im really stressseddddd

my dad emailed her and we havent received a reply yet, will update once she does.

HSC
i didnt do that well in my first assessment tasks for year 12 (procrastinating, didnt revise properly)
adv maths - 45%
bio - 52%
adv english - 40%

also for my chem assessment task(task 1) i was sick on the day(friday) so i didnt go to school and my parents were too busy to take me to the doctor so they took me on sunday(two days after). my deputy said she wont accept my misadventure form because of this and has rejected it. is there anyway i can appeal or like idk i really dont wanna get a 0.

and then yesterday i was 5 mins late to school (9 minutes but i spent some time talking to the reception about what i should do) the DAY BEFORE my english assessment (task 2) which is today. i went straight to the deputy and i told her we got stuck in traffic and usually she makes exceptions for people if its under 10 minutes but for some reason she didnt for me and said i have to complete a misadventure form for being 5 minutes late?? and she wants proof that we were stuck in traffic. i dont understand how i could get an unfair advantage by being 5 minutes late?? what am i supposed to put in the misadventure form for proof?

lets say i received a 0 for both tasks would there be any way to save my atar, my parents are expecting above 95 but would be happy with anything 90+. im really stressseddddd

my dad emailed her and we havent received a reply yet, will update once she does.
Dude I remember some people in my cohort who started off in similar situations to you and put in decent amount of effort and managed to get by with 70s to like 80s atar. I say cause like their subjects don't scale as well as yours do so I think you getting 90+ atar is achievable as long as you try your best for as long as you can.

HSC
Uni Grad
adv maths - 45%
bio - 52%
adv english - 40%

I'll admit you aren't in a very good position right now. Not necessarily the low marks from your other subjects - I still believe if you start the hard work now for your next assessments and pull up your ranks, a 90+ ATAR is still in reach. But it's more so the issue with your misadventures; a 0% for Chemistry would certainly put you last and it will be hard to pull up your rank from there.

Appeal. You need to appeal for your Chemistry mark - talk or arrange a meeting with the Head Teacher of Science (who organises the assessments for Chemistry), maybe even bring in the Principal if you have to, have a meeting with the Head Teacher, the Principal, you and your parents. It's worth a try because the doctor issue, while it should have been better organised by your parents, was out of your control, and thus you can appeal on that basis. You should have appealed the day your Deputy rejected your misadventure form.

I may be reading this wrong, however, if this is the day before your English assessment, I do not understand why your deputy Principal would penalise you the day before your assignment, though I believe the reason why they may have targeted you was due to your Chemistry issue last term, which is still unfair to you. Fill out the form as usual, and if you can, put in reports of the road and time you were stuck in traffic from traffic websites etc. (it is harder to prove you were in that traffic jam, but better than nothing). If you get rejected, appeal and do your best for English. You're better off trying to appeal than not appealing at all.

If you were to get 0 for your assessment tasks, you will be most likely dead last in the cohort for the subjects you got 0 in (or at least close to last, depending on the performance of your cohort). Realistically, it is hard to pull up your ranks from there to put yourself in a safe position and if your school is not that well-ranked and your cohort not strong then your chances of 90+ ATAR may be decreased but not impossible. Work toward bringing your ranks up and doing your best for your remaining assessments. Try to get to school on time (leave earlier than you usually do, etc) to avoid any issues of being late. Good luck.

CALI22

HSC
adv maths - 45%
bio - 52%
adv english - 40%

You’re going to have to up those ranks in ur later tasks. Sad to admit but i got 46% on my biology Trials 💀. Just pick yourself back up, overall that 46% didn’t seem to affect my atar majorly, as it’s about the rank, not the mark. If people in your cohort did bad, you should be okay. Just make sure you do well on those assessments that weigh higher, it’s better to mess up now than later when the assessments are worth up to 30%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)