• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Worried about the HSC (1 Viewer)

Demise

HSC
I'm really worried about my HSC, especially for maths. My subjects are as follows:
Business Studies - Economics never ran within my school, this was my second choice.
2U SOR
English Advanced
2U Mathematics
Physics
Industrial Technology

I'm coming first in IT, averaged around 65% in my prelim course without studying, averaging now 75% and definitely looking to improve it to an 80%. Business studies is going well, so is SOR and English Advanced. I'm also coming 1st in IT.

What I'm extremely worried about is Mathematics. In the prelim course, I averaged 45%, I knew a lot of the content but our teacher would set extremely difficult exams, where the average would be usually 30%-40%. I've got an exam in 4/5 days and I've been studying, but I'm stressing extensively for the exam. I know the content, considering the exam is regarding: Series, Repayments, Locus, Min/Max and concave up/down.
I'm so worried if I fail, I really don't want to. What should I do to ensure I do well on the exam? I can't drop to general maths, it's not worth it since I want to go into IT in University, that's why I've considered doing better in all my other subjects so maths isn't counted on my ATAR.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Uhh you do questions and understand the concepts. Seriously. There's no magic way to get 100% in the exam - you do the simple stuff well, that's it.

That said, good luck.

Demise

HSC
Uhh you do questions and understand the concepts. Seriously. There's no magic way to get 100% in the exam - you do the simple stuff well, that's it.

That said, good luck.
Should I go over practice exams and past papers after I understand the concepts?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yes, you should. Look through examples and understand how it all works before you do the questions.

Demise

HSC
Yes, you should. Look through examples and understand how it all works before you do the questions.
Thanks for the tip, I'm really hoping this exam goes well. I know my content, but the amount of pressure he puts is outstanding. He's known for creating tests much harder than the actual HSC exams.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Do maths every day to ensure the concepts are drilled into your head.

Aysce

HSC
Try not too stress too much and don't let failure consume your mind. Keep doing past papers and questions consistently while focusing on what you want to get. Positive motivation is usually better than negative >.>

lusiv

HSC
Where do you get mathematics past papers from ?

Aysce

HSC
Check the resources section in the toolbar, or if you could always ask people around here, there are some people that are loaded with resources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)