WORRIED!!!! Will my Cohort Drag Me Down? Do I have hope? :( (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello!I go to a school that's ranked about 150 in the state. For business studies I got 90% in the trial and I think all of my internal marks together (is it called raw mark?) was 83.5 because I messed up one of the assessments. In the trial I was ranked 1 and now I'm currently ranked 3rd. My question is, will my cohort drag me down? there are 25 of us and someone got like, 15% in the trial! I'm hoping to get a high band 5 or low band 6 in the trial? Is this possible? Thank you for your time :)

such_such

HSC
No one can bring you down. If you're at the top, you stay at the top.

enoilgam

HSC
It's very difficult to tell - it depends on so many factors and variables.

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
Dude your in exactly the same situation as me except im second and some dumb fuck got 8percent in trials

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
I see your at 83.5 percent overall
im 84.5 percent overall

and similar school rank

Im highly interested as well.

Hopefully we will be moderated to 90?

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
Dude your in exactly the same situation as me except im second and some dumb fuck got 8percent in trials
With that kind of attitude you deserve to be dragged down, perhaps you should have tried to help him/her rather than ridiculing their intellect, its one of those things you have to deal with if you go to a public school as there is weaker competitive mentality in comparison to a selective/private school.

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
With that kind of attitude you deserve to be dragged down, perhaps you should have tried to help him/her rather than ridiculing their intellect, its one of those things you have to deal with if you go to a public school as there is weaker competitive mentality in comparison to a selective/private school.
I know im sorry for using extreme words to describe that person.

But consider this,

The person is an asian nerd

But ultimately, 8% comeon..... like srsly.. not 18 % 8%%%%%%%%%

honestly, is there more to say.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Seriously, suck it up. I ranked 3/54 in Chemistry in the trial and overall, my rank was 14th. I even checked with Riproot about 6/6 exemplars and he said that they were all bad and would get 2/6 in HSC...

kylie1D

HSC
Doesn't matter if they are asian =/ No one can be good at every subject.

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
Seriously, suck it up. I ranked 3/54 in Chemistry in the trial and overall, my rank was 14th. I even checked with Riproot about 6/6 exemplars and he said that they were all bad and would get 2/6 in HSC...
Bro I know how you feel, for Biology I came 1st and 2nd in the half-yearly and the trials respectively, however due to retarded assessments that carried an abnormally high weighting and had ridiculous marking criteria I'm at 4/102 now when I believe I should be first, I do believe that I will be attaining the highest HSC external mark, but my full potential has been undermined nonetheless. Either way I came to terms with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)