Worried (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
Hey dudes...just a bit stressed right now and need some advice- I have two majors this year (...well three if u count drama as two) Individual performance, Group performance and an Extension English 2 short story....they are all due same day 2 days after the trials...my story isnt finished as im struggling...i've recently changed my IP for drama so it definately needs work and my group is an excellent group we just dont have a solid peice.....im really worried and dont know if 3 weeks is enough for studying the trials or if i'll hand in my majors satisfied....

reeeeeeeaaallly worried.....

kim_

dont worry there are alot of poeple in the same boat as you...3 weeks is seriously plenty of time to study..think about it its almost a month (sorta)...just start studying to the best of your ability, and dont stress yourself out...dont study excessively... you cant really do anything better than your personal best...take it one day at a time study, go out... and dont stress coz srsli if you stress thats whats guna let you down...be happy happy1... a little stress is gud but...it gives you motivation

Pace_T

HSC
fairydust said:
dont study excessively
Study all you want - don't forget, you're also competing against 'fairydust' here.
You have 3 weeks. That's not a lot of time. Set your self a plan. Each day, have work planned for the day and make sure you do it. If you don't, stay up at night until you do it. If you write a list of everything you are going to do from now until the 3 weeks are up(if you think it is enough), and you stay on schedule, then there's not a single thing to worry about. See, that's where the actual stress comes in. You can't stop stressing until you know what you have to do in 3 weeks and how you will do it. If you those two things, then stress isn't a poblem.

kim_

Pace_T said:
Study all you want - don't forget, you're also competing against 'fairydust' here.
You have 3 weeks. That's not a lot of time. Set your self a plan. Each day, have work planned for the day and make sure you do it. If you don't, stay up at night until you do it. If you write a list of everything you are going to do from now until the 3 weeks are up(if you think it is enough), and you stay on schedule, then there's not a single thing to worry about. See, that's where the actual stress comes in. You can't stop stressing until you know what you have to do in 3 weeks and how you will do it. If you those two things, then stress isn't a poblem.

hey i just dont want him to get so stressed that he has nightmares about the hsc...sudying effectively and using your time well are two things that are extremely important if you can use the three weeks effectively than those three weeks are enough

Pace_T

HSC
fairydust said:
hey i just dont want him to get so stressed that he has nightmares about the hsc...
Atleast I stated how to reduce stress, as opposed to your statement "dont stress yourself out." It sounds to me as though you think stress is directly proportional to the amount of working getting done. In fact, I would think (as it applies to myself, and I'd think it would apply to many others) that the more you study, the less stressed out you'd be.

The "dont stress yourself out, go out" theory doesn't apply here. The theory that you should go out and have fun etc is only applied to those situations where people would study non-stop all year round. In this scenario it's just three weeks.

fairydust said:
sudying effectively and using your time well are two things that are extremely important if you can use the three weeks effectively than those three weeks are enough
3 MWs + trials? To study effectively you shouldn't be stressing. If you do, you'll get worried, you have a breakdown and you won't learn anything. Going out in relative amounts is alright. Right now, you shouldn't be going out as much as some others that have upcoming trials. ;)

fairydust said:
using your time well
Hindsight has taught me that to use your time well when you don't have much of it is to make the most of it.

hApPy1, Make a plan. Follow it through. If you end up being ahead of schedule (the amount of work you originally thought was sufficient), THEN you can afford to go out.

As 'fairydust' said herself, "use your time well"!

kim_

Pace_T said:
You have 3 weeks. That's not a lot of time. Set your self a plan. .
hey i agree with you to set a plan etc... i dont think you understand what i am trying to get at PACE T this person is stressed, yes he should study, yes he should finish his assessments as soon as possible 3 weeks is 504 hours... the go out theory applies to if you get stressed out.. go somewhere different to your study environment have a rest (give your brain a rest go for a walk)...come back to studying Im sure that if a person has enough common sense they wont go out to watch a movie when their trials are on...if a person says they are stressed out you dont say omg!!! you dont have enough time...your not going to get enought time to study...dont sleep... because that is implying a negative stressful attitude and what people need is support...

Pace_T said:
Study all you want - don't forget, you're also competing against 'fairydust' here. .
did i say dont study?? ... im just trying to help

Last edited by a moderator:

FinalFantasy

HSC
lol i made a schedule\time table at the start of this holidays, and 2 days later i was completely off it(cuz i didn't complete the work in my schedule)
i ended up abandoning the schedule and just doing my own stuff
found it better dat way:p

Pace_T

HSC
fairydust said:
dont say omg!!! you dont have enough time...your not going to get enought time to study...dont sleep...
If I implied anything about working hard, it would have been to prioritise the workload. You can't ease up on your study when you have a lot of workload.
I never said you don't have enough time. The point I made was that it's beneficial to get your work done as quickly and effectively as possible.

fairydust said:
what people need is support...
www.teen-moods.net/forums

Pace_T

HSC
FinalFantasy said:
lol i made a schedule\time table at the start of this holidays, and 2 days later i was completely off it(cuz i didn't complete the work in my schedule)
i ended up abandoning the schedule and just doing my own stuff
found it better dat way:p
LOL, I can't stick to schedules either. I just write on my table what I have to do and I make sure I do it (no actual timing). And if I don't, I stay up until I have. It's good because it gives me an awesome excuse to stay up 'til 5 am every morning!! (and I do a shit job of the work, lol) :uhhuh:

FinalFantasy

HSC
Pace_T said:
LOL, I can't stick to schedules either. I just write on my table what I have to do and I make sure I do it (no actual timing). And if I don't, I stay up until I have. It's good because it gives me an awesome excuse to stay up 'til 5 am every morning!! (and I do a shit job of the work, lol) :uhhuh:
haha, wen i write things on the table and i don't get it done by nite..
i look at the clock, it says 12am... den i say "hmm.. sleep is beckoning.."
den i dissapear:p

kim_

Pace_T said:
If I implied anything about working hard, it would have been to prioritise the workload. You can't ease up on your study when you have a lot of workload.
I never said you don't have enough time. The point I made was that it's beneficial to get your work done as quickly and effectively as possible.
hey both points taken i think we have misinterpreted each other

hApPy1

HSC
Wow guys- thanx heaps for all that advice, and yes, i've always been one to stress (im a girl by the way :p) but yeah timetables....theres one in front of me right now but since i woke up 2 hours later than scheduled...i might try Pace_T's method....dunno about stayin up late tho...hmmmm...

Anyways, you guys r right- stress less i know- but honestly....working hard will do it for me and unfortunately, it does nothing for my stress levels- thats why people reckon i work too hard....despite the fact that i usually study 2 or so weeks b4 exams....and stressing does let me and my marks down sometimes which is why i considered some form of vitamins to help-Vitamin B is pretty good- i used it in teh mid-term exams and was as calm as a hippy! hahaha, it freaked my friends out coz i wasnt red in the face and shaking as usual.....

Thanx dudes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)