Worried (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
melsc said:
It looks like I am the only one that took it that way :( I am so getting 0 there
Mel don't worry
just wait till u get your results
You might be suprised, or shocked :p
Good luck

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
melsc said:
:( I am really worried now :(
Mel, don't be put off. If you put your "I'm with BoS" stamp on your work then they're 100% likely to give it full marks.

You're Mel...SC!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Meldrum said:
Mel, don't be put off. If you put your "I'm with BoS" stamp on your work then they're 100% likely to give it full marks.

You're Mel...SC!
What do u say about my BOS stamp James?
Discrimination

santaslayer

HSC
melsc, as long as you have stated your interpretation on the question in the introduction, you shouldn't be too worried. It's like an English essay, the markers cannot give you a crap mark if you have fulfilled the answer, based upon your own interpretation of the question.

Of course, if the question explcitly requires an answer to something, say, surrogacy, and you crap on about divorce, than you might be in a bit of trouble. Other than that, you shouldn't be in too much strife. Relax. :)

Usually, 2-3 very detailed examples is already very sufficent.

In Conclusion: The HSC is very very easy. :p

Jexi

HSC
Hey Melsc,

OMG we're in the same sinking boat. :( I just...Legal is...bah.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
miss_gtr said:
wtf.. you won't get the 1st persons mark.
If you do shit you get shit marks.., if that was the case...then 1st place people wouldn't do anything.
Fuckin hell how is it that you guys are doing your HSC and spending all this time on BOS and STILL don't get how the award of marks works?

So you get 2 marks, right? Internal, and external.

Based on the assessments you do throughout the year, you are given a rank. The marks in these assessments you do at school do not matter any further than determining your rank and the relative differences between the ranks within your class. Got it?

When you do your HSC exam, the Board of Studies determines what the highest mark in your class was for the exam you just sat.

They then give that mark to the person who was ranked first in the class as their assessment mark. From there the pool of marks is allocated according to the rankings and how much difference there was between the ranks.

The mark you personally achieved in the exam stays yours (save some overall moderation by the BOS to take into account the 'difficulty' of this years exam compared to previous years).

So, if you were ranked first in your class at the end of all your school assessments, your 'exam mark' is whatever you achieved in the HSC exam personally, and your 'assessment mark' is the highest mark achieved by anyone in your class in the HSC exam.

You know if you got the highest exam mark in your class (if you were ranked first) if your exam mark and assessment mark are the same.

So yes, if Melsc is ranked first in her class, the highest person's exam mark becomes her assessment mark.

that is correct. Plus, if there is a relative difference between your exam mark and your assessment mark, your assessment mark will be scaled up as long as it does not supass your rank (your assessment mark cannot be higher in comparison to the person in front of you in terms of ranking)

Smartie87

HSC
so... if im coming like 3rd in something internally, and my exam mark is 1st..... i get the persons mark who came 3rd in the exams???? soo unfair :( but as for my other classes where i came 1st and 2nd in all :) :) :)

well as your external mark you will get a mark you scored in the exam. As internal mark, you will get the third highest mark scored in that exam (since you're ranked third)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)