Worst car on the road today? (4 Viewers)

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Not to tug my own wang, but 37m doesn't seem too impressive. Fairly sure I could do like 80-0 in ~30 on the bike.
yeah ditto

Not really becouse you need to be really careful not to lock up the front brake on a bike, if you do lock it up, It will probably throw you over the handlebars!

And Riet, Will-anal Etc, you will never get me to stop hating SUV's, no matter what data you throw at me.

I also cannot beleive that weight does not effect stopping distance, yo are trying to reduce momentum and it is this momentum that makes it hard to stop...speed is irrelevent, it's momentum

Having said this, if the tires are the limiting factor it will make very little difference
fuck you are clueless

Dont most new bikes have ABS?
no u asian

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
GSXR 48.75 from 70 mph which is ~110, R1 51.5 so about on par with the 04 commodore.
Considering the GSXR will come stock with some of the best performance tyres in the world, and the commodore will come with lame economy tyres, bikes are fairly shit at pulling up.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Yaris, Kia Rio, Hyundai getz.
Despise all 3 cars

EDIT: Nissan Micra's Top all three combined. Without a doubt thee worst cars.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
u r fogettiong that those cars cost like $14k so realli they are quite good at what they are designed for

like build quality is good, economy is good, power is good (compared to cars of the past)

what is wrong with them

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
u r fogettiong that those cars cost like $14k so realli they are quite good at what they are designed for

like build quality is good, economy is good, power is good (compared to cars of the past)

what is wrong with them
Agreed. You always need to take into account price and context/purpose when looking at these threads.

I am presuming the previous poster picked the cars which he/she felt were the most weak in the looks or manliness/muscle department. But other than that, the Yaris is actually a decent car. I don't mind the Micra- it makes me feel all chirpy/happy when I sit inside lol.

rozymisty

HSC
I learnt in a yaris, and i found it a good car. Though having the spedo in the middle of the dash and being digital, you focus on that more when you are learning, well for me, rather than just looking down.

toyotas are known to be really well built cars.

will-anal

Banned
HSC
Worst car I've ever driven now that I think about it?

Nissan X-Trail

The WORST.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I learnt in a yaris, and i found it a good car. Though having the spedo in the middle of the dash and being digital, you focus on that more when you are learning, well for me, rather than just looking down.

toyotas are known to be really well built cars.
I have a Civic FD1 (aka current model Honda Civic) with the digital speedo and found it to be really good. Everyone thought digital speedos would be horrible because of the refresh rate and it would constantly flicker but it must have some kind of delay mechanism because it appears very fluid and natural to me when I use it. In fact, moving back to analogue speedos felt a bit harder for me to stay under the speed limit when approaching cameras!

quik.

HSC
I dislike digital speedos because there is something about watching the needle steadily rise

Plus I prefer the look of analogue gauges

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Agreed. You always need to take into account price and context/purpose when looking at these threads.

I am presuming the previous poster picked the cars which he/she felt were the most weak in the looks or manliness/muscle department. But other than that, the Yaris is actually a decent car. I don't mind the Micra- it makes me feel all chirpy/happy when I sit inside lol.
No.
The reason they are cheap is because they are shit. Sure, chuck on a bit of plastic and paint and any car can look good, appealing to the younger generations. Generally, they are not mechanically sound. Once you hit say 50k kilometres you will be getting monthly services. They have no grunt, break if you touch them and are pretty much a poor excuses for a car. If you want a decent small car, invest in a VW Polo.
And lol at the nissan Micra. Worst shaped/designed car ever.
What annoys me more is the people who drive these cars thinking they are king shit. I was at the lights yesterday next to a green P-Plater Yaris driver, revving his engine. I honestly started laughing. He took off at the lights turned green in an attempt to try 'race' me. I don't think he realised the power of a commodore compared to his Yaris.

/End rant on small cars&small car drivers

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
No.
The reason they are cheap is because they are shit. Sure, chuck on a bit of plastic and paint and any car can look good, appealing to the younger generations. Generally, they are not mechanically sound. Once you hit say 50k kilometres you will be getting monthly services. They have no grunt, break if you touch them and are pretty much a poor excuses for a car. If you want a decent small car, invest in a VW Polo.
What annoys me more is the people who drive these cars thinking they are king shit. I was at the lights yesterday next to a green P-Plater Yaris driver, revving his engine. I honestly started laughing. He took off at the lights turned green in an attempt to try 'race' me. I don't think he realised the power of a commodore compared to his Yaris.

you have no clue

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I dislike digital speedos because there is something about watching the needle steadily rise

Plus I prefer the look of analogue gauges
Nah digital speedos are the shit, just wish would be more fluid like the civics and less like a bike trip computer. Though I will say that everything else should be analogue, esp tacho. love watching it dance while fanging/shifting

No.

L O L
They're not cheap because they're shit, they're shit because they're cheap. There's a difference. The only thing kept in mind when designing them was the bottom line. And a polo isn't exactly a rocket ship.

also lol THE POWER OF A COMMODORE

pman

Banned
HSC
pman, momentum increases linearly with weight but so does the braking force. Weight cancels out of the equation. Also lol at speed is irrelevant. Momentum is just mass times velocity.

az maybe: it really is mostly about tires when braking in a straight line.

SuperBike | See Inside Page 89 | Feb-05 | Zinio Digital Magazines & Books

GSXR 48.75 from 70 mph which is ~110, R1 51.5 so about on par with the 04 commodore.

edit: This is moot anyway, I don't especially like SUVs but I just wanted to clear that up as it is an unfair reason to dislike them. Reduced pedestrian safety and poor visibility around them is a valid point and I hate being behind landcruisers and shit.
I am aware of the definition of momentum, I am just saying that speed is only half the game....

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
AND THE BODY OF A RABBIT

but yeah, i think the overall quality of a new yaris etc far eclipses 20yr old commodores etc, not to mention the safety and running cost advantages

pman

Banned
HSC
Yes a Yaris is better than a 20yr old commodore, Having said this, I learnt to drive on a a Yaris and a Subaru Outback...whilst the yaris was so much easier to park (and i did my test on the yaris), I much prefer the subaru to drive, better handling, abs, traction control (that i can turn off), I can take it off-road but i'm not a nuisance to other road users!

Would never buy a Yaris or drive another one if i could avoid it.....If the did a rear wheel drive it would be a diffferent story.

Also, saw a ford sportka the other day, they are so ugly

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
but yeah, i think the overall quality of a new yaris etc far eclipses 20yr old commodores etc, not to mention the safety and running cost advantages
I don't think you realize the power of a commodore compared to a Yaris.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
iirc they are about the same

Edit: 20yr old commodore

VN, 3.8L V6 = 127kw

'10 yaris = 80kw

not a huge difference, especially once weight is factored in lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)