• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

WORST SCHOOL IN NSW? (3 Viewers)

fijifrotter

HSC
ofc some of the schools with incidents of violence and bullying and lack of resources for their students are the worst

but you'll be surprised how bad some top schools - private or selective - are for student and sometimes teacher wellbeing (e.g. santa sabina, some of the prestigious boys schools with allegations of sexual harrassment towards female teachers). the schools with the great reputations sometimes have nasty stuff going on. and yeah the psychological burden and pressure to succeed in academically driven schools is also pretty bad.
in my experience with people from all boys it hasnt been that bad but that cranbook thing was fucked (only saw in articles)

iloveeggs

future cat lady <3
HSC
in my experience with people from all boys it hasnt been that bad but that cranbook thing was fucked (only saw in articles)
im glad your experience was fine but in a few boys schools their attitudes toward women are horrendous. and i don't have to go off my experiences for this bc its been on the news, the types of garbage ways these boys are talking abt girls or even their female teachers online, reports of harassment that essentially go uninvestigated etc.

and btw yeah it is just a few boys in a few schools but this type of mindset is so much more prevalent in boys schools bc the misogynistic bros get their own little echo chamber and very little push back on their attitudes. ik how the boys in my school were a few years ago (they were never abusive but they had disturbing behaviour) and i know how they have grown to be less misogynistic and more open minded (at least not overtly misogynistic) bc they have interacted with girls their age. for example think about how much less tolerant people would be if a guy was misbehaving with a female staff member in a co-ed school or using derogatory language towards women in front of girls as opposed to i a boys school

and yeah cranbook has come out publically with it but the complaints from female staff has been overlooked for sooo long before it got to the point where it was seriously investigated. to think they are about to go co-ed in 2026... what's the guarantee that girls in that school won't be mistreated considering female staff are being harassed with little to no consequences

sly_lyepat

HSC
im glad your experience was fine but in a few boys schools their attitudes toward women are horrendous. and i don't have to go off my experiences for this bc its been on the news, the types of garbage ways these boys are talking abt girls or even their female teachers online, reports of harassment that essentially go uninvestigated etc.

and btw yeah it is just a few boys in a few schools but this type of mindset is so much more prevalent in boys schools bc the misogynistic bros get their own little echo chamber and very little push back on their attitudes. ik how the boys in my school were a few years ago (they were never abusive but they had disturbing behaviour) and i know how they have grown to be less misogynistic and more open minded (at least not overtly misogynistic) bc they have interacted with girls their age. for example think about how much less tolerant people would be if a guy was misbehaving with a female staff member in a co-ed school or using derogatory language towards women in front of girls as opposed to i a boys school

and yeah cranbook has come out publically with it but the complaints from female staff has been overlooked for sooo long before it got to the point where it was seriously investigated. to think they are about to go co-ed in 2026... what's the guarantee that girls in that school won't be mistreated considering female staff are being harassed with little to no consequences
yeah cranbrook, knox and shore ruin reputations of all boys private schools

spiderfan44

HSC
ofc some of the schools with incidents of violence and bullying and lack of resources for their students are the worst

but you'll be surprised how bad some top schools - private or selective - are for student and sometimes teacher wellbeing (e.g. santa sabina, some of the prestigious boys schools with allegations of sexual harrassment towards female teachers). the schools with the great reputations sometimes have nasty stuff going on. and yeah the psychological burden and pressure to succeed in academically driven schools is also pretty bad.
i have a friend in an all girls school and their 'brother' school (they have to do school dances and musicals together and shit) has the worst dudes. the girls there avoid them all bcuz theyre fucking awful and rlly sexist. im in public co-ed and the dudes here are more likely to deal drugs or whatever, but ive noticed that i see way more sexist and obnoxious behaviour in public from the dudes in all boys school than those in co-ed.

Solarised

HSC

Blame social media, half the dudes are there are misogynistic woman beaters 🤦‍♂️

jane1820

HSC
i have a friend in an all girls school and their 'brother' school (they have to do school dances and musicals together and shit) has the worst dudes. the girls there avoid them all bcuz theyre fucking awful and rlly sexist. im in public co-ed and the dudes here are more likely to deal drugs or whatever, but ive noticed that i see way more sexist and obnoxious behaviour in public from the dudes in all boys school than those in co-ed.
Honestly (n its just my opinion) i feel like yh boys from public are more likely to deal drugs but if a woman was mistreated or abused they would smash the shit out of the abuser
i seriously dont know why since i went to a coed skl were the boys r so sexist but they were so sweet in terms of defending woman when the time called (n not like a crush or friends like a random girl from skl)

what do u guys think?

spiderfan44

HSC
Blame social media, half the dudes are there are misogynistic woman beaters 🤦‍♂️
i mean the dudes in my own school have social media but they arent as bad, at least in public. i think because theyre around girls everyday they are just a bit more well adjusted to interacting with women.

Solarised

HSC
i mean the dudes in my own school have social media but they arent as bad, at least in public. i think because theyre around girls everyday they are just a bit more well adjusted to interacting with women.
all boys school's have a reputation for having the "toughest" boys, its just the differing mindsets betwene the school's ngl, experiencing an all boys class for three years taught me it's just different there, you have to be a dumbass to thrive in those environments

spiderfan44

HSC
all boys school's have a reputation for having the "toughest" boys, its just the differing mindsets betwene the school's ngl, experiencing an all boys class for three years taught me it's just different there, you have to be a dumbass to thrive in those environments
i just see it as them being cuntier. not all obv, but the loudest in public in comparision to other schools i suppose

iloveeggs

future cat lady <3
HSC
Honestly (n its just my opinion) i feel like yh boys from public are more likely to deal drugs but if a woman was mistreated or abused they would smash the shit out of the abuser
i seriously dont know why since i went to a coed skl were the boys r so sexist but they were so sweet in terms of defending woman when the time called (n not like a crush or friends like a random girl from skl)

what do u guys think?
um no i don't agree there are guys who think women who get abused deserve it for some screwed up reason. its also the bare minimum to defend women getting harassed/abused. and we shouldn't be condoning violence even if its towards abusers in my opinion. thats not the solution. it should be schools holding students accountable, taking steps to prevent this type of thing happening and getting police involved if necessary.

consequences should be bad enough that they prevent people from doing it

Last edited:

spiderfan44

HSC

what do u guys think?
ehhh idk about that. at least in my school it was a very open secret that one guy was a rapist and he was being openly very emotionally manipulative to his ex and a lot of dudes didnt stop associating. in year 10 there was also a guy who bragged about groping a girl on the bus (though granted that dude was in 4 all boys schools before being kicked out from all of them and having his only option as public) and it was seen as cool around the cuntier dudes.

ive personally found that in general when co-ed dudes interact with girls, theyre just more normal about it and wont be sexist in public. ive found with all boys school dudes though that theyre just more cunty and harassing towards women in public.

iloveeggs

future cat lady <3
HSC
in year 10 there was also a guy who bragged about groping a girl on the bus (though granted that dude was in 4 all boys schools before being kicked out from all of them and having his only option as public) and it was seen as cool around the cuntier dudes.
talking about groping that was one of the first things my peer support leader warned us abt in y7, to watch out and wear shorts under your skirt bc of the 2 major boys schools in that area. i was in y7 in the covid year and moved away so thank goodness i have no experiences and i don't know of anyone else but apparently it was common pre 2020 for guys to be inappropriate on public transport

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)