Worst timing (1 Viewer)

mcquinn

HSC
I get home from english today, get on here to check the forums and my computer starts beeping then shuts down. I turn it back on to find the hardrive has completely died on me. My last backup was a few months ago so ive lost a couple of important folders and files etc which may come back to bite me.

It just made me think, what are some really untimely and unfortunate things that have happened around ur exam period to really throw u off and make u think "why me god?"

HSC
Google around, it's recoverable. Even if it's in bad shape there's a chance you can hook it up externally to pull data from it.

sparkerasp

HSC
mcquinn said:
It just made me think, what are some really untimely and unfortunate things that have happened around ur exam period to really throw u off and make u think "why me god?"
I got sick all the way through the trials. It was awful, tissues littering my pockets and the sniffing sound really drove me and a few other people nuts :(

Hatta

HSC
It's vulgar, but a stomach bug has been going around my family, which combined with nerves... well, let's just say I was cautious about having coffee or fruit and nearly fell asleep in AOS while hoping the need for the toilet wouldn't come. With that, the flu, and I was bedridden for most of the holidays and couldn't study. And -again, vulgar, sorry- period.

So I spent the AOS exam in alternating moods of wanting to bawl my eyes out, furiously blowing my nose and trying to stay awake.

Not quite as bad as mcquinn's, but still, I feel like whinging.

sparkerasp

HSC
Hatta said:
Not quite as bad as mcquinn's, but still, I feel like whinging.
Man. I feel sorry for you, and all those people who are in the same situation. You just can't think right, and then you get distracted and frustrated at it all. Very annoying being sick.

beksta21

HSC
I got glandular fever in the weeks leading up to the trials.
It was horrible because I didn't know I had it (just thought I kept getting the flu).
So I'd spend three days in bed, feel better, go back to school for two days, and then spend the weekend and the next three days in bed.
And this continued for three months until I got sick of taking cold and flu tablets and made my doctor get me tested.
I still get tired really easy, so my Mum has been making sure I eat well and sleep enough.
Apparently it can take two years to get out of your bloodstream... Sucks.

Oh yeah, and a close family friend/our Sydney East softball coach passed away on the day of my Business and English trials.

Last edited:

Kalashnikov47

HSC
I was taken to the hospital for a surgery when my school had the CSSA trial. My friend broke his leg just before the school trial and another guy broke his arm.

BTW, I think the worst thing of all is that your neighbor is renovating his house when you need to study.

Zippora

HSC
never mind neighbours renovating, a garage band has decided to start up in the house behind mine and they probably have the loudest amps alive and try to play rage against the machine.. every day.

caswell1515

HSC
Zippora said:
never mind neighbours renovating, a garage band has decided to start up in the house behind mine and they probably have the loudest amps alive and try to play rage against the machine.. every day.
oh i feel your pain!

yea my friend was driving to his second last exam 2 years ago when a truck pulled out of a sidestreet and hit his car. so he had to leave it at the scene and hitch a ride to school.

then he got fined for leaving his car and had to pay hundreds of dollars on top of his insurasnce premiums.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Kalashnikov47 said:
I was taken to the hospital for a surgery when my school had the CSSA trial. My friend broke his leg just before the school trial and another guy broke his arm.

BTW, I think the worst thing of all is that your neighbor is renovating his house when you need to study.
Or 5 brats running around next door and spend all day jumping on the trampoline below your window and making noises all day from 9-7pm at night :mad:. Fuc*ing little shitz!

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
Zippora said:
tell them to stfu for 3 weeks.

Lebstr

HSC
my next door asian neighbour plays sum weird music all day :D until i told him to turn the thing off last week

jtran

HSC
my seasonal skin allergies decided to come up a bit later into spring than usual - precisely on my first exam, brilliant! Scratch, write, write, scratch, write...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)