Worst ways to get out in cricket (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Any unusal ones too?

Everyone has to remember Rameez Raja

99 Obstructing the field back in 87/88

Any of you guys have experienced anything similar

HSC
I've seen a guy manage to step back and clip the wicket, removing the bails, while attempting to play a forward drive. That looked pretty bad.

Clean bowled leaving a ball that I thought was way out of line (when in fact it was heading straight for the wicket), is probably the worst I ever managed.

(Both incidents about 6 years ago I guess, under 14s cricket, since then I've realised that sport really isn't my thing) :)

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
A guy in my under 13's cricket team tried to play a leg glance and managed to knock all three of his stumps out of the ground. I can't see how he could have managed to do that :p

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
From personal experience: I was wicket keeping, player smashes the ball straight and low, ball hits the bowlers foot and flies back straight into my hands. Left the bowler with a nice bruise.

Weirdest ones ive seen/heard of:

Handling the ball, occured about 5-6 times in cricket ever, i personally saw Steve Waugh do it vs India

Hitting the ball twice is also given out but ive never heard of it happening

MuffinMan

HSC
lol for Rameez Raja he was prob anticipating a 100...dunno why he would obstruct the field but...to get out in an unusual way when you are on 99 is pretty disappointing

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Ive seen a few players step back to play a cut shot and trample on their stumps.............

My personal fav. was when I didnt move and the ball cleaned up my stumps, golden duck..........

kirabolton

HSC
this is a thread on the 'worst' way no? i'd have to say getting bowled is every batsmen's nightmare, it's horrifying getting bowled because it's just ERGH and you can't dispute it either, at least with LBW you can argue, or with a catch you can go, oh yeah fantastic catch, but being bowled you're like 'goddammit friggin stupid!!!'

on a side note did anyone seen the west indian get run out against australia A today? samuels one i think it was.....hehehe i couldn't stop laughing for a good five minutes after that...ahhh it was funny!

ramanij

I dont know why but its alwys the west indies who alwys fall over happened to that Campbell dude few years abck now its ahppening to Samuels and that Tail ender dude Pedro COllins i think.The incident i couldnt get over was the Ausvs Pak match at Sydney recently it was paks second innings they were 9/314 or someifng and the Last batmen ASIF was facing macgill.Macgill spun hit ASIFS back leg and was rolling towards the stumps instead of kicking the ball away ASIF kicked into the stumps and the bail was like half dislodged gilly oculdnt beleive it and neither could I.

HSC
once in a rep game, i saw a guy on my team get bowled for a golden duck leaving a ball....

just to add to the humiliation, the bowler was a girl.

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
i reckon a pretty annoying way to go is timed out, where you dont come on the field in time and you're automatically given out. funniest wicket ive seen has to be glenn mcgrath's fairly recent wicket: it hit the guy's pad first then swung back and clipped the bails. mcgrath was still appealing for lbw before he realised it was bowled lol.

edit: ever heard of a diamond duck? that means that the batsman got out without facing a ball. only ever happens on run-outs

dave_119

Banned
HSC
most of us here have heard of a diamond duck cause we've all basically played cricket numb nuts..... albert, did u play in the blue mountains rep comp, with orange? or the SDCA (sydney district cricket assc)?? cause if u played in the mountains rep, that would suck, all theose country teams r crap and so is the blue mtns.... i used to play 4 penrith and we went out to a carnival at orange and smashed mitchell, orange...

the worst dismaissal wold have to be getting dropped, but then someother fielder gets the crumb, that happened when we went on a tour of the riverina, we played Wagga and bowled them out for 8..... heaps fun, our keeper dropped it and then 1st slip cleaned it up

rama_v

HSC
Getting out handle the ball is pretty bad, like Steve Waugh in India (triggered a collapse). Also trodding on your stumps is no fun, I remember Kallis did that once here in Aus...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yeh i hit my stumps on my follow thru trying to sweep, that was at school, pretty embarrasing it was

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
worst way would hav 2 be run out 4 a diamond, just like......khan??? someone from asia 11 last nite did, especially cause he came 5000 kms 2 not even face a ball, dayem....

aj_number_10

HSC
Unluckiest way to get out would be batting at the non strikers end and the other batsman facing hammers a straight drive which deflects off the bowlers hand ontp the stumps and ure out of ure crease.

Worst way to get out is probably bowled trying to block it or somthing....if u go for a big hit and get bowled probably a bit different.

Worst way ive been out was LBW in a rep game leaving the ball. I had a mental frame of mind that it was a bouncy pitch (balls lifting off a length) and one pitched at an akward length so i just shouldered arms and it carried through normally and hit my pads.

MuffinMan

HSC
Also funny in World XI v Asia XI

World XI batting lineup

1. C.Gayle
2. AC Gilchrist
3. RT Ponting
4. B. Lara
5. C. Cairns
6. G.D McGrath <------ Look here
7. S. Fleming
8. ML Hayden
9. D.Vettori
10. S. Warne
11. D. Gough

lol may not appeal to other people
but G.D McGrath got out 1st ball when promoted up the batting order...
Btw...Why did they let Glenn McGrath bat before Fleming and Hayden?

dave_119

Banned
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
Also funny in World XI v Asia XI

World XI batting lineup

1. C.Gayle
2. AC Gilchrist
3. RT Ponting
4. B. Lara
5. C. Cairns
6. G.D McGrath <------ Look here
7. S. Fleming
8. ML Hayden
9. D.Vettori
10. S. Warne
11. D. Gough

lol may not appeal to other people
but G.D McGrath got out 1st ball when promoted up the batting order...
Btw...Why did they let Glenn McGrath bat before Fleming and Hayden?
for fun moron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)