Worth doing 3 majors or not - your opinion! (1 Viewer)

Imaginethat

HSC
Is doing 3 majors such as accounting/economics/finance in my case beneficial or am I better off doing 2 majors? Personally, I'm still a bit unsure about what I want to do so 3 majors sounds like a good option. Then again, from reading many forums online and people's comments, it seems as if 3 majors makes the degree inflexible... I'm doing a Bach of Com (Lib Studies) btw.

If anyone could list pros/cons or suggest one option over the other, this would be great.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: Worth it or not - your opinion!

Well can you do three majors as per the degree rules?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC

I'm not sure about how your degree structure works... but you don't have to choose whether you'll do 3 majors straight away, do you? Why don't you set your subjects up this year to give you the option, but then also pursue 2 electives that you have interest in too? If by second semester you feel like you've enjoyed your elective or you're not as keen on your third potential major as you thought you might be, just drop the idea of doing a third major and just continue on doing electives.

If you don't see any other subjects that interest you, then there's nothing stopping you from doing 3. But a double major is still great, so if you do have other interests then it might be beneficial just to stick with the 2 and dabble in some other things.

Up to you! But I'm sure you won't have to decide for a while.

Imaginethat

HSC

I'm not sure about how your degree structure works... but you don't have to choose whether you'll do 3 majors straight away, do you? Why don't you set your subjects up this year to give you the option, but then also pursue 2 electives that you have interest in too? If by second semester you feel like you've enjoyed your elective or you're not as keen on your third potential major as you thought you might be, just drop the idea of doing a third major and just continue on doing electives.

If you don't see any other subjects that interest you, then there's nothing stopping you from doing 3. But a double major is still great, so if you do have other interests then it might be beneficial just to stick with the 2 and dabble in some other things.

Up to you! But I'm sure you won't have to decide for a while.
thanks, I'll keep that in mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)