Would I still get an offer? (1 Viewer)

Sarahhdover

HSC
I was just wondering if it is likely for me to get an offer for speech pathology at USYD when my atar is 91.55? Below the cut off by around 3 points- I get bonus points for coming from a low socio economic school so would they apply?

youngsky

poof
HSC
If you apply for E12 for disadvantaged schools and your application is accepted the cutoff drops to 85 iirc (from the USYD page).

Sarahhdover

HSC
If you apply for E12 for disadvantaged schools and your application is accepted the cutoff drops to 85 iirc (from the USYD page).
It's too late for E12 now, and my principle didn't let me apply because she didn't believe I'd get an ATAR of 85. I'm hoping EAS would apply though

youngsky

poof
HSC
It's too late for E12 now, and my principle didn't let me apply because she didn't believe I'd get an ATAR of 85. I'm hoping EAS would apply though
Oh, well in that case assuming you've applied for EAS, you'll just have to wait and see if you get an offer. Bonus points for USYD are awarded a bit vaguely but the max is 5 iirc.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Hey!

I noticed in one of your previous posts that you did Standard English. Speech Pathology recommends at least Advanced English in this course because of the complex grammatical concepts that underpin proper speaking. However, if you're really passionate then I'm sure it'll turn out fine.

If you didn't apply through E12, then EAS would certainly help you get in. The cut-off last year was 94.7, so if you get five bonus points then you'll get it. But I'm pretty sure they already send out letters to confirm your EAS eligibility...? If you haven't received one yet you should just wait for UAC.

Sarahhdover

HSC
Hey!

I noticed in one of your previous posts that you did Standard English. Speech Pathology recommends at least Advanced English in this course because of the complex grammatical concepts that underpin proper speaking. However, if you're really passionate then I'm sure it'll turn out fine.

If you didn't apply through E12, then EAS would certainly help you get in. The cut-off last year was 94.7, so if you get five bonus points then you'll get it. But I'm pretty sure they already send out letters to confirm your EAS eligibility...? If you haven't received one yet you should just wait for UAC.
Hey! Yeah I did standard English, however I did get a band 6 in it and I was planning on doing the bridging course for grammar anyway :) I received an eligibility letter from EAS but I wasn't sure if that was for bonus points or not, but I really hope so! Time will tell I guess. Thank you for the reply!

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Hey! Yeah I did standard English, however I did get a band 6 in it and I was planning on doing the bridging course for grammar anyway :) I received an eligibility letter from EAS but I wasn't sure if that was for bonus points or not, but I really hope so! Time will tell I guess. Thank you for the reply!
Hey! :D

Okay cool! You'll most likely make it in then! I'm doing the Grammar Course as well, so hopefully we meet each other there :p

Sarahhdover

HSC
Hey! :D

Okay cool! You'll most likely make it in then! I'm doing the Grammar Course as well, so hopefully we meet each other there :p
I was reading through your posts last night for some guidance haha I just realised it was you! Awesome!! Hopefully I'll see you there haha :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)