Would they let me move units around in this way (1 Viewer)

hungry

HSC
I have a dilemma, basically stuffed up my units in terms of prereqs etc (which half of it isn't really my fault, but that's not the point).

Ok my degree is bachelor of science / masters of nursing. The layout is like this:

YEAR ONE: all science units
YEAR TWO: science and nursing units (2 science and 2 nursing per semester)
YEAR THREE: science and nursing units (2 science and 2 nursing per semester)
YEAR FOUR: all nursing units

So the science part gets completed by the third year. Now I am wondering, would they let me move my units around, so that during year 3, I would actually have 3 nursing units and 1 science unit per semester? And then I don't actually finish the science part, instead I move the last units into the fourth year along with the remaining nursing units. As long as I have the pre requisites and they are offered in that semester is it ok? Otherwise if I can't do this, my degree will probably take longer to complete.

I'm not sure because of how it is structured, if they would let me. Thanks.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
http://sydney.edu.au/handbooks/nursing/undergraduate/pre-registration/combined/b_science.shtml

Progression Rules, Clause 2:

Candidates may not commence Master of Nursing units of study until satisfactorily completing 48 credits points in the Bachelor of Science component. The Bachelor of Science component must be completed before continuing to the fourth and final year of the combined degree.
So on the face of it, it doesn't look like you can change the structure. But definitely contact the nursing faculty to see if they're willing to be more flexible.

hungry

HSC

hungry

HSC
If they don't allow me to, do you (or anyone) know if I could extend my science degree? So then basically I'd do the remaining 2 science units, adding a year to my degree, then finish off the final year for nursing?

hungry

HSC
Basically could I do this:

YEAR ONE: all science units
YEAR TWO: 2 science and 2 nursing per semester
YEAR THREE: 1 science and 2 nursing per semester
YEAR FOUR: 1 science unit per semester (the science units I need are only offered in opposing semesters)
YEAR FIVE: all nursing units

(if they don't let me do my previous plan)

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Yeah there's no problem with extending your degree for longer than the standard amount, as long as you haven't exceeded the amount of credit points that you need for your degree.

EDIT: That looks fine, double check with the faculty though. Are you able to do Summer/Winter School at all?

hungry

HSC
Yeah there's no problem with extending your degree for longer than the standard amount, as long as you haven't exceeded the amount of credit points that you need for your degree.

EDIT: That looks fine, double check with the faculty though. Are you able to do Summer/Winter School at all?
The units I need to do aren't offered in winter or summer school, as far as I know. :/ and I wouldn't be able to afford it anyway unless I got a scholarship for it or something.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
OK, then your plan sounds fine. Email the faculty first though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)