would uni's accept lower uai results??? (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hmm but don't get too upset if you're off like 1-4 UAI marks off from the 2005 uai estimated cut-off because most cut-offs depreciate as years go on, except for really competitive courses like medicine or law. i.e. Right now I have a uai of 87.75 if i recall correctly, but say I wanted to get into some bach of science course and it needed 90, you still can have a chance...[Don't forget, the UAI cutoffs for 2005 published in our 2006 UAC guide is only an estimate or perhaps the UAI cutoff for last year.

So...keep your hopes high for the main round, this year's cut-off may in fact be lower than last years because from media and other sources, it seems that there are less people going into Unis today, in fact most of them head off to do apprenticeships.

toheart226

if i i dont get in my first preference and i have to to wait do i put the same course in my second preference?

reprise

threedollar said:
i am 1.85 off from the course i want however its my first preference atm is there a chance or me getting in?or should i just take it off my first preference?
No, because if you take it off your first preference you may find that this year's UAI is lower than last year's and you'll miss out on an offer. You will be offered a place in the first course for which you qualify. If you change your preferences now, you won't be offered a place in that course unless you miss out on whatever your new first preference for which you qualify doesn't offer you a place.

What you MIGHT want to do is rearrange your other preferences and think about which ones you'd truly be willing to accept.

kido525

HSC
reprise said:
No, because if you take it off your first preference you may find that this year's UAI is lower than last year's and you'll miss out on an offer. You will be offered a place in the first course for which you qualify. If you change your preferences now, you won't be offered a place in that course unless you miss out on whatever your new first preference for which you qualify doesn't offer you a place.

What you MIGHT want to do is rearrange your other preferences and think about which ones you'd truly be willing to accept.

I agree this is possibly the best results

kido525

HSC
shortygb said:
i got a uai of 60.6, is there any chance i could get a late round offer when the 2005 cutoff was 78 or is it just to low of a uai?

hmmmm..... if u had a uai of like 70 or so which was like from 1- 7 uai marks away i reckon u could hab some chance due to some courses which need vacancies or unless u cleverly done some entry scheme for the course in this situation i dont think u would be able to get it by a difference of 18 marks but ummm u could always try or suppose someone who has been luky last year and was in ur stituation and made it into uni and gave a reply would be helpful otherwise this is only my own opinion im not too sure dw man im in the same boat as u shortygb i have a uai of 68.55 and i put 1st preference for civil 75.0 at uts and i managed to do a multiple questionaire criteria which would perhaps be a big advantage as they will see if its good and combine it with my uai to estimate a much better mark which could just scrape me into the 75.0 course i would die for >.<

Fingers Crossed if all goes good it would be my dream come true

spillargroove

HSC
My fifth preference is at UWS and the course's UAI requirement last year was 70.00. I got 68.70 UAI so I am only 1.3 UAI short. Good chance I can still make it guys? Hopefully I can because it will be a good boost.

Ezechieltey

HSC
N/A
Umn..........so anyone of u could tell me about my chance to get into South Australian Pharmacy (UAI 87) with my UAI 84.15????? Just raftly........

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Ezechieltey said:
Umn..........so anyone of u could tell me about my chance to get into South Australian Pharmacy (UAI 87) with my UAI 84.15????? Just raftly........
Its pretty simple. If the cutoff drops below 84.15 you have a big chance, if it doesn't, then you have a tiny little chance.

Just raftly?

Ezechieltey

HSC
N/A
starbaaa said:
Its pretty simple. If the cutoff drops below 84.15 you have a big chance, if it doesn't, then you have a tiny little chance.

Just raftly?
nth..........thx..........................

ioniser

HSC
kido525 said:
have a uai of 68.55 and i put 1st preference for civil 75.0 at uts and i managed to do a multiple questionaire criteria which would perhaps be a big advantage as they will see if its good and combine it with my uai to estimate a much better mark which could just scrape me into the 75.0 course i would die for >.<

Fingers Crossed if all goes good it would be my dream come true

sorry to cut your hopes but,uts engineering cut off is expected to be 82-88,reason why they are offering these schemes same with unsw there cut off is 85 ifted from 78 (who also have schemes going on)

kido525

HSC
ioniser said:
sorry to cut your hopes but,uts engineering cut off is expected to be 82-88,reason why they are offering these schemes same with unsw there cut off is 85 ifted from 78 (who also have schemes going on)

i dont get u ...... if the cutoffs are raised i am doomed >.<''

ioniser

HSC
kido525 said:
i dont get u ...... if the cutoffs are raised i am doomed >.<''

well they raised the cut offs because too many people were doing engineering just to get into a course,thats why they introduce these things (to see what subjects you are doing to determine if you really want it)

sorry man im shy of the cutoffs by a bit

kido525

HSC
ioniser said:
well they raised the cut offs because too many people were doing engineering just to get into a course,thats why they introduce these things (to see what subjects you are doing to determine if you really want it)

sorry man im shy of the cutoffs by a bit

How do u know this stuff isnt it like confidential or something ???

lauren_d

HSC
ugh, i got 83.00 and i needed 83.10 for combine arts and education (humanities) at sydney... so annoyed! what do you think the chances are of it dropping by POINT ONE?

spirit21

well i got 95.25 and the requirement for Commerce / Law at macquarie is 95.5 do i stand a chance?

HSC
what971 said:
Must suck to have UAI 30.1 then.

those who get 30 uai is because they are in a:

bad high school

bad high school

bad high school

bad high school

bad high school

bad high school

bad high school

bad high school

bad high school

bad high school

bad high school

bad high school

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
If I don't make the cutoff, I'm just gonna ring up the faculty and see if the Dean or someone can get me a place. Since I'm looking at Commerce/Computer Engineering and already have a guaranteed early entry spot in just computer engineering.

Last edited:

danieljarvis

HSC
hmm 70.1 UAI.. wanted to get into Macquarie technology which was 75 last year... don't see my chances, though i do live 1km away from Mac..
UWS 72.7 for pdhpe.. im 1.6 off from last years.. i don't think i would have much of a 1st round chance, maybe in the mid round offers.
Unless of course the requirements drop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)