Would you ever date someone who is.....poor? (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
not literally 'poor' as in someone who's homeless, but someone who still lives with their parents, have no job, doesn't study, literally doing NOTHING...

this friend of mine, who's currently dating this bum guy, who hasn't got a job, on centrelink, uses my friend's money to pay the bills for his mum and etc, but she loves him, from the way i see it, he's only with her because she has a full time job and is using her, tried telling her that, she thinks i'm jealous :rofl:.

I think it's disgusting and immoral, what's all your thoughts on this? :apig:

sk1001

HSC
take your blinkers off you shallow slurry..

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
sk1001 said:
take your blinkers off you shallow slurry..
er she's talking about people who are literally just wastes of space i.e. not working, not studying, not doing anything with their time that could be deemed worthwhile...i mean, i'd date a jobless guy who wasn't studying if he was doing something else, like working on some artistic project or volunteering heaps or whatever...but not doing anything with your life at all and mooching off other people is not an attractive trait. it's ok to be studying and unemployed (that's me) or working full time or even part time...but its not ok to do nothing. especially not ok to do nothing and expect others to help you live your own worthless life.

GinoIs

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Fuck off and die
+1

No one likes to feel like they're getting "picky" on someone who he/she could consider dating but Shit. People pick products on the features they have. Realistically, someone like the person you've mentioned. No, I wouldn't date him. And no i'm not gay.
Sure there may be some "love" and whatever but unless you just want to settle for someone who doesn't have a hope in hell of going somewhere in life, Date them.
They might actually turn out to be a successful person - you never know.

More often than not, it's normally the guys which are (in your terms) "poor". I find that females that don't have jobs, still live with parents etc. are either slutty, "poor" or rolling in their parent's money.

For the critics who say;
"ooo but they love each other and their perfect and she doesn't mind giving him money"

Love runs out.

Being someone's EVERYTHING is possible. You need someone who will laugh at your stupid jokes, someone who you can bitch to, someone that will take your seriously, a male friend, a female friend, a loser you can hang out with, a top-shit you can chill with.
And...
I hate giving my hard earned money away.

HalcyonSky

HSC
if theyre doing nothing with their lives and are poor because theyre lazy bitches that dont want to work / study then thats a massive turnoff

Evilo

HSC
Poor because they are lazy/dole bludging etc is a turnoff
Poor because they are at university or something like that (is pretty much standard) and is 'fine'

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah if it's just a fling/"seeing" someone or whatever then i don't care, but i'd never date anyone long-term/seriously who hadn't at least made a valiant attempt to get their shit together.

i dont understand how anyone could not be doing anything constructive with themselves. i'd die of boredom without uni or a job or something to fill in my waking hours besides tv and the pub...but i know people who would be quite happy if that's all they ever did (plus sex). it's weird.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Well from your scenario you're saying "would you go out with someone that's lazy and will use you" in which case obviously no one would (or at least will say it). However as for poor, there are a whole raft of reasons why someone might not have that much money... I'm sure if I found them a good person overall there'd be a good reason for their lack of money.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I think I'd be more likely to want to date a girl who describes herself as poor than one that'd call herself rich.
rich =
- materialistic
- demanding
- ostentacious
- ego-centric

imo anyway, i am just a little bogan from out west.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i know were meant to be all into equality but i find the idea of an adult male being supported by a female partner kind of pathetic. if hes raising kids or is doing something productive or even just having a few months break then it would be acceptable, but otherwise it really is kind of sad.

i wouldnt mind dating a girl who doesnt have a job and doesnt study as long as theyre not mooching off me and they have a long term goal theyre working towards.

Evilo

HSC
DeathB4Life said:
i know were meant to be all into equality but i find the idea of an adult male being supported by a female partner kind of pathetic. if hes raising kids or is doing something productive or even just having a few months break then it would be acceptable, but otherwise it really is kind of sad.

i wouldnt mind dating a girl who doesnt have a job and doesnt study as long as theyre not mooching off me and they have a long term goal theyre working towards.
i've heard of a few 'house-hunsbands' so to speak, and i dont really think they are pathetic. At the time (of having kids) their jobs didn't pay as well as their wives, so the male has stayed at home to do housework/cook/clean etc. Apart from the ego decline that male would have, the situation usually works pretty well. You do what you can to pay the bills and make ends meet.

Foxodi

HSC
A male being a 'house-husband' is different to the case the OP described...
Personally I dont understand how people can be attracted to someone who has no desire to do.. anything..

SipSip

HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
not literally 'poor' as in someone who's homeless, but someone who still lives with their parents, have no job, doesn't study, literally doing NOTHING...

this friend of mine, who's currently dating this bum guy, who hasn't got a job, on centrelink, uses my friend's money to pay the bills for his mum and etc, but she loves him, from the way i see it, he's only with her because she has a full time job and is using her, tried telling her that, she thinks i'm jealous :rofl:.

I think it's disgusting and immoral, what's all your thoughts on this? :apig:
Let her screw up her life....why bother trying to help someone when they are not willing to help themselves...

guys like that should be shot

HSC
One of the most unattractive things to me is a guy who has no direction and no motivation. I could understand if he was actually trying to find work and get somewhere, but I'm really not impressed with guys who go for months on end unemployed and not worried about it.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
People who can't be bothered getting their act together really shouldn't get centrelink at all. Let us hope that a miracle occurs here and the young boy finally realizes he's an adult, not a child getting pocket money to buy mars bars from the canteen.
In answer to the question, no, I would not date a waste of space because it would drive me insane.

Russdog

russell
HSC
i-love-maynard said:
One of the most unattractive things to me is a guy who has no direction and no motivation. I could understand if he was actually trying to find work and get somewhere, but I'm really not impressed with guys who go for months on end unemployed and not worried about it.
you're saying that in year 12? here i am reading this thread thinking shit's cool i'm only 17 and just finished school it doesn't really apply to me haha. but hardly anyone i know my age knows exactly what they want in life. we're still learning shit. maybe it's an area thing. but you're in year 12 and expect a guy to know exactly what he wants? i spose you're only really talking about really lazy people. like i have a job and make plenty of money and shit but i wouldn't call it motivation, unless you count motivation as the opposite of laziness, because i'm definitely not lazy. i just know my current job's not what i want to do forever.. but i'm still trying to figure out what i want to do in uni/tafe etc. i'm just really stoned and shit at the moment haha. being a tuesday night and all. haha fuck that just fucked the whole front

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Russdog said:
you're saying that in year 12? here i am reading this thread thinking shit's cool i'm only 17 and just finished school it doesn't really apply to me haha. but hardly anyone i know my age knows exactly what they want in life. we're still learning shit. maybe it's an area thing. but you're in year 12 and expect a guy to know exactly what he wants? i spose you're only really talking about really lazy people. like i have a job and make plenty of money and shit but i wouldn't call it motivation, unless you count motivation as the opposite of laziness, because i'm definitely not lazy. i just know my current job's not what i want to do forever.. but i'm still trying to figure out what i want to do in uni/tafe etc. i'm just really stoned and shit at the moment haha. being a tuesday night and all. haha fuck that just fucked the whole front
You don't have to know what you want to have a job and be earning money. Sitting around at home day after day isn't going to enlighten you either, to what you would ultimately like to spend your life doing, and that's what the OP was describing. Someone who doesn't work, doesn't study, doesn't contribute at all.

Personally, I don't see how either party in a relationship can stand the feeling of leeching off their partner. Being financially dependent on them feels like charity and its very difficult to have self respect when someone you love feels sorry for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)