Would you like to see subject reviews? (1 Viewer)

Would you like to see subject reviews?

• Yes, but for a science/engineering undergrad pathway so its organised

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Yes, but let anyone post subject reviews, we can just search manually

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I know a lot of you guys are planning to go onto STEM-related degrees and I was wondering if you guys wanted to see subject reviews (completely subjective lmaoo) + personal regrets/advice when doing them. It could be something the uni students can rant abt and in a sense it can help you guys in the coming future.

Something in the sense like,

Template:
University: (e.g UNSW)
Course: (e.g CS1511)
Taken in: (e.g 2023 T1)
Remarks: (e.g bruh programming)
Advice: (e.g study lol)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Ideally, I'd like to do it with some uni students so it doesn't get cluttered like the Ask Me Anything thread because it might hold some relevance even if its old (like other websites/forums that do the same thing). Its just that there's not really a modern/relevant subject review and I think ppl can benefit from ppl with similar abilities telling about how they felt abt a course and what they'd do (like you'd might not want someone who studies 24/7 reviewing but at the same time you don't want someone who barely studies to review).

@jimmysmith560 is it possible to restrict who posts on a thread, like for those that are purely informational?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I know a lot of you guys are planning to go onto STEM-related degrees and I was wondering if you guys wanted to see subject reviews (completely subjective lmaoo) + personal regrets/advice when doing them. It could be something the uni students can rant abt and in a sense it can help you guys in the coming future.

Something in the sense like,

Template:
University: (e.g UNSW)
Course: (e.g CS1511)
Taken in: (e.g 2023 T1)
Remarks: (e.g bruh programming)
Advice: (e.g study lol)
yes plz
if you do end up doing it thanks so much for taking the time to do it :jump:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560 is it possible to restrict who posts on a thread, like for those that are purely informational?
I don't believe so, or at least I don't have those sorts of privileges as a moderator. I would recommend contacting Trebla/brent012 about this.

With that being said, I will regularly monitor this thread as usual. I also want to remind everyone to only post if needed and if so, ensure that the posts are relevant to the main topic of this thread.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
yes plz
if you do end up doing it thanks so much for taking the time to do it :jump:
I'll probably post it on the thread and let people comment there but have it on a google doc so if ppl do wanna read it organised they can see it from there. In that way there's not much need for regulation.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
wait why not --

i think one of my friends made something similar
Nah but i'm planning to do something a bit more elaborate and more of a recount hopefully with some other ppl, you'll see it when you see it. its not gonna be anything fancy though lmao just more of a post on how i felt abt the subject and any advice for ppl who want to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)