WoW - Noob question (1 Viewer)

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Can you play World of Warcraft offline?......

a noob question...but I dunno the answer to.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
Ah that just sux.......oh well...I'm not going to pay for it to be able to play online only....

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
you can play it offline, but you have to setup a LAN WoW server. And theyre dodgy. & illegal.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Funnily enough, the 'O' in 'MMORPG' stands for online.

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
There are emulated servers, but as someone mentioned before they are illegal. Not to mention that the servers have dodgy stability and minimal people.

Pay the $20 per month for it, its worth it ;P

PrimeTime

HSC
As a former WoW addict from since it was release to 2 months ago, let me say that WoW is possibly worse then a $200 per day cocaine addiction.

From people I know WoW has: Caused someone to quit their job to play it, broken up a 3+ yr relationship, caused someone's husband to leave them, etc

Also its possibily linked to that korean gamer who died after a 50 hr gaming session.

tempco

HSC
PrimeTime said:
As a former WoW addict from since it was release to 2 months ago, let me say that WoW is possibly worse then a $200 per day cocaine addiction.

From people I know WoW has: Caused someone to quit their job to play it, broken up a 3+ yr relationship, caused someone's husband to leave them, etc

Also its possibily linked to that korean gamer who died after a 50 hr gaming session.
wow. well, some people are more succeptible to addiction than others. still scary, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)