Writers Block. (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

Mine's also about an individual... who doesn't go mad in his own mind.

I wonder if you can be dirven mad in any other areas of the body.

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
have u noticed most ppls short storys are all sad/dark/evil/depressing etc. is anyone actually doin a happy story..with a happy ending? and yeh.i too, am suffering from writers block.not that i can't write anything.just that i have no idea wot direction to go in..still dont have a plot...

persephone

HSC
when i had writer's block i just kept on writing crap until i got something good to write. if i was stuck i'd read some other books and do some researching until an idea popped into my head

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
you've prob already guessed it, but for those who didn't- my english teacher said a major theme for a short story this year is going to be 'mental disorders'.so if your doing anything concerning a a character with a mental disorder i suggest u try to think outside the box, to separate ur work from everyone elses.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
i have had a writers block for 2 weeks ._." make it stop !

Rosette

xlivexlovexdreamx
HSC
Well, I'm glad I got out all of my mental disorders in the last short story :p *cough*guy suicides*cough*
I actually wanna do a war-ish thing for mine but I to am having writer's block and studied Change NOT War in prelim >.<
My Teacher said the same thing about just writing crap.. I can write crap pretty well :p

Alimoe_KG

HSC
mental disorders? o_O"
if this writer's block lasts any longer im gonna hav to classify it as a mental disorder too -_-" then i culd write a stori about myself and my writer's block! =D come to think of it.....isn't that a wonderful stori idea :D

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
i kno u were joking but yeah...for those who have considered it...don't write about yourself/your life story. hsc marker's hate that. because they think that at our age, nothing truly interesting has happened to us, despite our own personal opinions so to steer clear of that idea.

Abbeygale

HSC
moffat said:
i kno u were joking but yeah...for those who have considered it...don't write about yourself/your life story. hsc marker's hate that. because they think that at our age, nothing truly interesting has happened to us, despite our own personal opinions so to steer clear of that idea.
How do you know this? I hope you don't think this is rude, but this seems kind of illogical. Either it's a good, original, interesting story or its not, whether it's based on your real life or pulled out of thin air.
Sure, steer clear of an autobiography if you've had an ordinary enough life, but if you have experienced something interesting or different, and write a good piece, I really can't see the markers reading the MW, and then after reading the Reflection Statement saying 'Oh wait! It's an autobiography! Fail!'

After all, under the criteria 'Nothing truly interesting can have happened to a 16/17/18 year old', the books 'I Can Jump Puddles', 'A Child Named It', 'Boy', and 'Angela's Ashes' must all be really, really boring.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
moffat said:
have u noticed most ppls short storys are all sad/dark/evil/depressing etc. is anyone actually doin a happy story..with a happy ending? and yeh.i too, am suffering from writers block.not that i can't write anything.just that i have no idea wot direction to go in..still dont have a plot...
Hahah (and you posted that on Valentine's day too)

AHhahahaa~!! It's true, our school's Extension 2 people are all doing blood/gore/rape... me included~ It's just much more interesting

get_born

nah im not doing the whole rape thing... i personally dont like the topic...but i do agree it is interesting when watching things like csi

HSC
N/A
I have to admit, one of the most intriguing short stories I ever read was about coffee, believe it or not.

I think it's more difficult to write a happy story. It's so easy to kill off a character and milk the crying factor for all it's worth...

Anyone else read "Puss in Boots" by Angela Carter? Great stuff. And not depressing at all.

get_born

i hate reading -- i just think to myself in the time it takes to read a book i could have done so many other useful things. But there are some good books.

Rosette

xlivexlovexdreamx
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Anyone else read "Puss in Boots" by Angela Carter? Great stuff. And not depressing at all.
No, though I've read "the Company of Wolves" and that was just plan disturbing :p

HSC
N/A
Whoo! Hold on you your boots then kiddo, because it gets much, much darker!

Puss in Boots is hilarious though :) It's "safe"

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I read company of wolves in prelim

"is that a compass in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Hey guys i hav a great idea only problem is that i cant seem to put pen to paper and write it out.... any sugesstions?? By the way i would love to hear people's ideas for short stories so please post them.
hey, recently a writer came to my town, Ian Irvine (Has anyone heard of him?) and he writes fantasy, and he gave this great talk about writing and his books and he told us that there isn't really writers block is just your psychological attitude to your writing/what your writing/ how you write or whatever so he told us to just skip ahead a bit and write more of the story, further on.
do you get that?
i get just the same as you, i feel like i can't write or anything, but you just have to sit there and hold that damn pen or put your fingers to the damn keys and just write/type!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)